Long Time Miniature Horse Breeder Needs Our Support

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pam

Reaction score
Ron and Joyce Koop have raised miniature horses for over 20 years and love the appaloosas. This is a very sad time for them. Ron has pancreas cancer and was put in the hospital last night. There is nothing that can be done for him..... he is battling other infections right now and his family is flying in to be with him at this time. Joyce is doing as well as can be expected.

Ron and Joyce are terrific people, and they have been my best friends/miniature horse buddies for a long time. I know how great people on the forum can be, and if you know them - or just want to give a fellow miniature horse friend some support - cards and good wishes would be appreciated. They do not have a computer, but their address is:

Ron and Joyce Koop

8701 W. CR 400 W

Gaston, IN 47342

Ron is at Ball Memorial Hospital right now Room 5203 and will be there at least for a few days.

Ball Memorial Hospital

2401 University Avenue

Muncie, IN 47303

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Sending my thoughts and prayers for all involved. Such a difficult time for family and friends.
default_sad.png

Hi Pam,

I met them at one of Randy Hackworth`s sales a few years back...very nice people!!

I will keep them in my prayers....

default_yes.gif
: Hi there. Don't know if I have much influence but will be praying for Ron tonight and hoping for the best.

In our thoughts,

Carl and Maxine

Thanks everyone for your prayers....

Joyce will have to sell her horses as she will be unable to care for all of them by herself. This is NOT a good time to sell horses.

It has me thinking about my horses also and what would happen in the event that something happened to my husband and me - or....what would happen if we were no longer able to care for ouir horses.

What does one do to safeguard the future of their little herd? A despersal sale or sending them off to an auction is not something that I would want to consider..... My children are not interested in the horses and would not have the time, money, or means to care for them.

Has anyone considered this or even have a plan that is written in their wills?

Latest posts

Back