Joffa the magpie (bird)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I'd like everyone to meet Joffa the magpie. I don't think you guys have magpies in USA and Canada, but they are everywhere here in Australia.

Joffa has been hand raised as he fell out of the nest in my friends driveway. This is the same friend that owns Midgee and runs a wildlife rescue.

Joffa is still only young, but can now fly but chooses to stick around the house. He will not interact with any other birds, even his own type. He thinks he is a dog. He rolls on his back for tummy scratches and rolls around with the dog toys.

EQ1.jpg

EQ2.jpg

rd183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's funny!! They seem to look a wee bit like our crows over here in the states.

When he got tired of being picked on by the puppy I had to laugh when he chased him away. I was wondering if he ever gets noisy at the dog. It must be a blast visiting your friends house...she's got some neat animals for sure!!

When he got tired of being picked on by the puppy I had to laugh when he chased him away. I was wondering if he ever gets noisy at the dog. It must be a blast visiting your friends house...she's got some neat animals for sure!!
He gives the other animals a hard time LOL. He hangs from the horses and kangaroos tails. They really don't know what to think of him. He chases the cat too.

Oh, how cool! We have Magpies too in Canada - they are similar to yours, but a bit different. I found this link: http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/ind...s=A1ARTA0005033

Most people think they are pests, but I kind of like them - they're so smart. Though I must say that it does really annoy me that they can always find a way to get into the barn!

We have tons of them here l don't like them they poop in the big water troughs and they steal dog/cat food if l leave it out during the day..one comes to check out the bowls and all of a sudden he yells and tells a hundred others to come and help themselves
default_biggrin.png
....we rent a trap from the county to catch them in then they get...

Latest posts

Back