I swear there is some sort of cosmic conspiracy...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpony

Reaction score
I swear I've had the most interesting run of weird luck this past 6 months. Now, it has always been a given that as soon as I get money saved up SOMETHING goes wrong that uses it all up.... but this is getting ridiculous.

It started when I lost my old pony, and decided to sell off his equipment. I had a cart, a harness and a saddle. I kind of wanted to keep the cart because it had been too small for my pony and I think it will work well for my gelding someday. But still, I advertised them and sold the saddle, had a few bites on the cart and nothing on the harness. 6 hours after I got the check for the saddle my truck broke down and all the money went to getting it running again.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Then, my husband got a bonus and set aside enough for me to get my harness and one of my dogs got sick.

Then I saved up a couple of hundred for a harness and when school started my daughters dad let me know he couldn't really help out with supplies and clothes this year because his wife was expecting again... so I spent it all on school stuff.

With careful budgeting (returning bottles and saving all the change I found in my families pockets when I did laundry) I replenished my savings and then.... my dog with allergies had a horrible break out and we had to get him back to the vet.

By now it was getting funny. Someone, somewhere out there really does NOT want me to have a mini harness.

So, that brings us to this past week. We sold some stocks and I had a set amount of money that would cover gelding my colt, getting bloodwork done on allergy dog, and buy my harness. So I get the gelding done, get the bloodwork done, and the day before I order my harness..... we have a catastrophic water pipe blowout that requires us to run ALL NEW water lines to the house and barn. My "harness" turned into 200 feet of water line and having a trench dug by a guy with a backhoe.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. lol. I have become superstitious, I tossed my horses bits and pieces on top of the barn hoping it would bring me enough luck that I wouldn't have anything else interfere with my quest for a harness. I avoid ladders, black cats, and broken mirrors. I toss salt over my shoulder and knock on wood. I'm going to try selling that pony harness again, but how much you want to bet if I do a vet bill or truck bill will suddenly come up just hours after the sale?

But you know what? Despite my tongue in cheek ranting, I'm just SOOO grateful I had the money to pay for these things as they came up. A truck to pick up hay and straw in, a properly clothed and supplied kid, healthy pets, and running water are more important than a harness anyway... I guess. lol. And I'll have that harness someday. Right?
default_unsure.png
:

I can totally sympathize! The same thing has happened to me--every time something sells & it looks like we might be a little bit of money ahead....something breaks down and there goes the money.

I think that's just life LOL. What's the expression, "Life is what happens while we are making other plans"....

I've been running that way for the last year now. This will be the month I don't have vet bills... and then someone else gets hurt, gets sick. Almost comical but not quite. :eek: You are quite right, I too am thankful I can pay for these things but it would be nice to have it ease up once in awhile!

Jan

"Life is what happens while we are making other plans"

Isn't that the truth. lol.

Well, every year since I was 4 I have asked Santa for a pony for Christmas. The old tightwad hasn't come through for me once (I've had to buy all of mine myself, lol) but this year I am going to just ask for a harness. The rotten old coot OWES ME!!!! Maybe if I don;t have to buy it myself I will actually get one this time.

Are ya listening Santa? I've been good! I swear I have! :bgrin

Try this...

Start a fund for "home repairs". Since you will then have money put aside for this, Murphy's Law states that only when you DON'T have the money for the repairs is the time that anything actually breaks down or needs repair. Once the "fund" gets high enough, grab the money and RUN to the nearest harness shop! :bgrin

Try this...

Start a fund for "home repairs". Since you will then have money put aside for this, Murphy's Law states that only when you DON'T have the money for the repairs is the time that anything actually breaks down or needs repair. Once the "fund" gets high enough, grab the money and RUN to the nearest harness shop! :bgrin
HAHAHA! That is a great idea! By the time something breaks I will already be on my way home with a harness and the money will already be spent! Hehehe, that might just work.

Latest posts

Back