I really need your support right now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:no: I was so sick to my stomach when I read this. I will be praying for all families in the bad accident. The Lord will help them through.

Pray for your friend, the Lord knows she is feeling bad enough.

Bless the families.

Keep us posted and may God bless them all

melissa

It was a horrible accident and that is just what it was a accident. It will be of course life changing for all the young lives involved.

All you can do is be there for her in the weeks to follow

It is a great reminder to all of us even though 99 percent of the time I drive very slow in fact slower then I should there are times my mind is wandering, I am going faster then I should or I am just not giving 100 percent attention to the road.

this has been on my mind all night and not to change the slant on things, but here is something for all of us to think about: it does not give details in the article Jamie posted... but if it was at 11:00 at night, it was dark... and apparently they were in a blind spot, she said the worst in her town. did they have flashers? emergency flares set up a distance from their vehicle? it doesn't change the fact that the young woman was driving too fast but brings to mind a couple of things we should all think of if we have a similar roadside emergency... to have the proper equipment in our vehicles and use it... and to make sure you are safely pulled off the road if at all possible. i'm sure, having 2 teen-aged stepsons, that the boys never even considered their danger, they were probably just annoyed at the flat and trying to get it changed asap and get on home... so often young people do not realize their vulnerability, and think "it could happen, but not to ME"

again not trying to shift any blame or anything, just could not get this off my mind all night.

continued prayers for your friend, and for the boys and their families... and for you, Jamie, to have the right words (or even just hugs) for your friend...

this has been on my mind all night and not to change the slant on things, but here is something for all of us to think about: it does not give details in the article Jamie posted... but if it was at 11:00 at night, it was dark... and apparently they were in a blind spot, she said the worst in her town. did they have flashers? emergency flares set up a distance from their vehicle? it doesn't change the fact that the young woman was driving too fast but brings to mind a couple of things we should all think of if we have a similar roadside emergency... to have the proper equipment in our vehicles and use it... and to make sure you are safely pulled off the road if at all possible. i'm sure, having 2 teen-aged stepsons, that the boys never even considered their danger, they were probably just annoyed at the flat and trying to get it changed asap and get on home... so often young people do not realize their vulnerability, and think "it could happen, but not to ME"

again not trying to shift any blame or anything, just could not get this off my mind all night.

continued prayers for your friend, and for the boys and their families... and for you, Jamie, to have the right words (or even just hugs) for your friend...
I completely agree, no doubt about it. But the fact is that one of the things that will be so difficult for this girl who was driving is that a lot of people won't even consider that and will blame her. There could be all kinds of contributing factors and in no way shape or form to I believe she was entirely to blame but a lot of people will treat her like it was all her fault. That is why it is SO important for her to have loyal friends.

I thought about that, too, that the boys were parked in a blind spot. Maybe, even if she had been driving at or below the speed limit, she may have hit the boys' car wasn't if it wasn't completely off the road (due to the snow). Still doesn't change what happened, but perhaps the charges that the girl will facing might not be as serious. (Somehow I doubt that she'll ever want to drive again, anyway......)

My heart breaks for all of the young people involved, and my prayers continue to go out to them and their families.

Jamie, I hope you'll keep us updated if you're able.

I feel so bad for all those involved. This is a life changing event for all involved. I know your friend feels so responsible for it, and if she was speeding she shouldn't have been. But also the boys shouldn't have just pulled over in the blind spot on the road. God, I wish there was something that I can say to help you, but I have no words except to say, you need to be there for all of them..

OK I have had time to think about this too.

If this girl was speeding, I do not classify this as any accident.

It is her fault and if I was the parents of these boys I would have the attitude of that they probably do against her and be sure she is charged accordingly. There is no way I would put this on those boys fixing their car. PLEASE! Blind spot or not, do not make excuses for her if in fact she was speeding. She has to pay for what she has done to those boys and right now I can imagine that they wish they were dead rather than go through the torment that they are due to her negligence. NO remorse in the world on her part with grow them a new set of legs. She has ruined their lives and their future and she must pay.

Like in Michael's case, I NEVER refer to it as an "accident"

I know that Michael would not have wanted to live without his legs that were torn off of him and thrown someplace in the grass! FOR GODS SAKES PEOPLE WAKE UP!

When someone gets behind the wheel of the car and uses it in a wreckless way and causes harm, that is NO ACCIDENT as far as I am concerned. It is a conscience decision to abuse the privilege of driving.

God help those boys and their parents if there is still a God

Jamie, I am so sorry. I am sorry for all involved, this is so terrible.

What ifs and what could have beens are so very easy to dwell on.

I hope that your friend can find some peace, some forgiveness. Encourage counselling for her, of course the boys who were hit can use it, too, for their lives have been changed forever, not just for the bad, though it is adaptation, and painful at that.

I wish there were something I could say or do that would help. Please know I'm here for you if you need to talk.

I could give you my number or give you a call. PM me or msg me on myspace if that would help.

((((hugs))))

Liz

When I first read this, I decided that I wouldn't respond, as I see two sides to this. Your friend made a mistake, whether she was speeding or just swerved off the road. But to be fair, how many people haven't made a mistake at one time or another? Most of us are just lucky enough that our mistake hasn't had a life long effect on others. It only takes one decision, or a split second to change our lives, and those around us. The incident has already happened, and now your friend can only try to go on. I hope that the boys will also be able to put this behind them one day, and lead a somewhat normal life. I know a man who lost both of his legs, and the miracle of prostetics has given him the opportunity to have a decent life. He has a wife, kids and a good paying job. You would never know that 20-some years ago, he was in an accident that severed off his legs.

But the reason I am writing is because I know that your friend will have guilt over this, and she will need people to stand beside her. About 9 years ago, my friend Jena was in a similar accident. It was close to midnight, and she was driving home from work. She was driving down a dark road that was only lit up by a couple of light posts, and there just happened to be no moon out. She ended up hitting an elderly man and woman, who had been out drinking and walking in the middle of the road. They were both dressed in black clothing, and had apparently just left a local bar. Although she hadn't been speeding (in fact she was going under the speed limit), or driving under the influence of anything, she took their deaths really hard. She experienced depression and refused to leave her home for nearly 4 months. We were there for her, as much as she would allow us to be. She had a LOT of guilt over it. She constantly tried to think of ways that things could have turned out differently...had she been going even slower... had she had better eye sight and been able to see them in the dark...had she just been able to swerve a little bit. But the fact of the matter is, none of that mattered anymore. No "what if" was going to change the outcome of what had happened.

My prayers go out to everyone in this situation, and I pray that you will have the courage to be there for who ever might need it. Please know that this was in no way your fault.

Jamie, I am so sorry! How is she and the boys doing? I hope everything is ok. You don't deserve to have bad things like this happen to you. Please keep us updated if you can!

Oh my gosh, that is just so terrible! This is going to be really hard for everyone! I will keep yoour friend, the boys, and their families in my prayers!

Bumping this back up to go with my previous post.

Clara

Jamie,

I'm so sorry that this has happened. God doesn't make sense sometimes. Believe me, I question Him a lot. I work in a church and hear so many horrific prayer requests that it really causes me to ask a lot of "whys". But, I need to remember that He has you, your friend, the boys and the families involved in His loving hands. This tragedy didn't catch Him by surprise. There will be time for questions later but for now...be the best friend you can be by listening and loving her despite her mistake. She WILL need people to rally around her and lift her up. I will be praying for your strength as her friend to be able to be what she needs at that moment in time. God will be your strength. My prayers are will you and all involved. I'm so sorry honey. I wish I could be there with you. Hang in there. You CAN get through this and so can your friend.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jamie)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love and prayers,

Janine

PS. You can PM me or call me if you need someone to talk to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back