I must be the last one to know

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy

Reaction score
I have not been on the forum in weeks and just decided to check in tonight. I had also planned on going to bed early tonight but now I'll never get to sleep. I am hurting so much for you, Marty. I don't know what to say. I can't stop the tears. I am crying for you, my dear friend, because I know you must have used all of your tears. When you are better (and you will feel better one day) just know how much you are loved and how much your heartache is affecting others.

We need you, Marty. We need your honesty, your knowledge, your way of making us laugh and cry at the same time. We need your decorations and your dressed up horses. Your family needs you SO much right now. Your animals need you. Do whatever you have to do to get better. I believe in you!!!

I am so sorry I didn't know sooner! I just feel so helpless. Oh, God, please bring Marty and her family peace.

Peggy, you will have a hard time sleeping for awhile to come. I know I haven't been able to sleep well in nearly a week. I go to bed crying for Marty, Jerry and Dan and wake up thinking about them too. It is so tragic and sad.

I've been rather haunted by this whole tragedy myself.

I'll be doing dishes or something and I'll think of Marty....I just picture her in so much pain that she can't even function doing something as simple as the dishes.
default_unsure.png
:

I can't even comprehend the pain that they are going through.

I've been giving my kids extra lovin' every day.
default_wub.png
:

My heart goes out to them.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Peggy,

It's going to be a rough one for you......there's a lot of information and heartache that's been expressed. A lot to take in all at once. Be prepared for horrificly sad news and lots of tears.......

God bless,

MA

This week has been just awful...like the rest of you, having trouble sleeping, waking up thinking about Marty, Jerry and Dan...not being able to focus on simple things. I had a therapy session yesturday (my normal session date) and I told my counselor about everything that has been going on wondering if she would think we were all alittle "nuts" to feel so much pain for someone most of us only know over the internet, but she was understanding and supportive and told me it was OK to grieve and cry and feel sad.

I know that my pain is nowhere as deep as Marty, Jerry and Dan's pain, of course...and knowing this just makes it worse, because I can't imagine how horrible their pain must be! :no:

Peggy,

You are not the only one that found out later than others. I was busy attending the funeral, and being with my family, for my grandmother during the past week and when I logged on I found this.

The hurt is so great, and many of us see the Garrison family as part of our own family because Marty is always sharing her life with us. She is so very proud of those boys of hers, and the picture of Michael and "IT" was just so typical of the way that she shared her sons with us. Yep, I am also haunted by thoughts of Michael and worrying for Marty, Dan, and Jerry.

And with so much other tragedy that is happening right now, I am left to wonder why.... Just yesterday a mother and two of her children were purposely hit by a guy driving a pickup here in our town and it killed the mother and the youngest child... That is only part of the hideous story, but still, the death of our young folk is just not right, and lately there has been a lot of it happening.

I pray for peace and comfort for those in morning in these worst of times....

Boy Nila I agree with you first Marty and some of the conversatsions with her believe me make it much harder to get those images out of your mind so I cant even imagine what she is going thru and then, that crazy person here the other day(meaning here in Nampa ID not here on the fourm!)

Did I miss something did your grandmother pass? I am very sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back