I may live to regret this....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I lived in Ottawa (Canada's capital) for all of my childhood and teenage life until I got married and then we moved outside of Ottawa but have always worked in Ottawa.

I talked a co-worker of mine in joining me in staying at the old "Jail Hostel" in Ottawa. I have attached the link to it if you want to see some of the history of this hostel.

So I booked the following package for Oct 25th (a Saturday)

A special Halloween edition of the Ghosts and the Gallows – On this 90-minute tour guided by the Haunted Walk of Ottawa, you’ll visit and hear about local-area hauntings and supernatural encounters. Included on the itinerary is a lantern-lit visit to death row and the gallows inside the old Carleton County Gaol (i.e. where you’ll be spending the night!): Was the wrong man hanged for the murder of Thomas Darcy McGee? Is he buried in the gaol courtyard? And does he haunt the gaol because of it?

A late-night séance in the gaol’s most supernaturally charged setting – on death row – with renowned local Medium Connie Adams of Merrickville Psychics Parlour (October 19, 20, 25 & 28 only).

1 night’s accommodation in an authentic jail cell (pending availability).

Continental breakfast – if you survive the night!
The only difference is I booked the "Warden's Quarters" for Lyne and I as I dont' want to have to run down the hall to use the bathroom or have to go to the communal kitchen for a cup of coffee or whatever for our stay. Just call me chicken, lol. I think we are going to have alot of fun!!!!

http://www.hihostels.ca/OntarioEast/405/hi...downtown.hostel

Last edited by a moderator:
That is SO cool! I wish we had something like that around here. Be sure to check back in and let us know if you have a "sighting."

I will let you know for sure. Lyne, who is coming with me and who I thought was a kind of "steady as you go kind of gal"

just said to me, you mean we aren't sleeping in the same room? She is freaking out, ROFL, she said what if we start hearing noises, what if we see something...she is in a panic - OH GOOD, heck I thought the was the steady one, I need someone who is calm with me because I am probably the one that is going to be in a mega panic if something happens, ROFL. I told her, "well Lyne, if that happens we meet in the kitchen!!!!" The Warden's Quarters is basically like a contained apartment, 2 bredroom, a bathroom and a sitting area with table and chairs and then a kitchen area with just a fridge and microwave. She had me laughing when she said that. This is going to remind me of the movie "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" with Don Knotts.
default_laugh.png

OMG ! !! It sounds like so much fun. I feel that if you are scared even more, it was definately worth it. Good luck and I hope you have a blast.

That sounds like a blast! Take lots of pics, I can 't wait to see them....you might "capture" something on film!

Oh what fun!! Think I would have done the same thing if I were going to stay there!
default_rolleyes.gif

Nope, no way, no how, neppers! I'm too sensitive to ever even consider it! I can't even walk through our local Civil War Battlefield Park....it's like walking though a wall of anger and fear....

Danielle, Do you have a laptop? I want a gaol post from you two! WHAT A BLAST!
I do have a laptop but apparently they have computers there in the "games" room with highspeed so perhaps between the "walk" and the "seance" I can come on lilbeginnings and post. Lets hope that Lyne and I aren't scared out of our wits BEFORE the late night seance, lol. I told Lyne I am going to have a glass of wine with dinner that night FOR SURE and she said "oh yes, maybe we should have two"
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

So cool!! They did something like this to a jail in Utah. But I'm thinking it was a restaurant instead and you ate in the cells.

Latest posts

Back