Hyperbike website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelterwood

Reaction score
Hi all!

I was reading many old posts about hyperbikes, as I am wanting one quite badly for my two 38-39" mini girls. I had trouble getting to the website, even though I have been to it quite a bit before. Anyone know if it has changed domain names? I get redirected to some weird ad site today. I'm not sure my girls are ready for the hyperbike yet as they are green, but I am an intermediate driver. Anyone have experience with timeframes for switching from a EE cart to a hyperbike? I'm thinking basically you would want an attentive, controllable mini that listens well to commands....I do have that in my older mare. She has a great whoa and stand. Her younger sister is just 2 and would not be on the hyperbike until at least next year. Anyway, I will try to call Graham Carriage Works tomorrow, I'm just hoping that he hasn't gone out of business, I would be devastated.....and telling my husband "see, I should have just ordered one"!!!

Thanks

Katie

Bob is still very much in business -- he may be doing some maintenance on his site.

Definitely call, you'll enjoy chatting with him, or you can also email or go to his Facebook page.

You do want a well-trained driving horse with a solid whoa...one who will stand without moving about. I would personally hold off for a bit with your younger mare until she's more seasoned.

I don't know about other horses, but my gelding adapted immediately. He just gave me a look like "Are you still back there? Did you go on a diet?" I would have an assistant the first time you climb in, just until you get the knack. I'm an old crip with leg and back issues, but I have no problems with the HyperBike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Susanne!

If I ever get some time I will call or email. Is there anyone out there who would be interested in selling a used hyperbike? I could pay shipping....Just a thought. I'm figuring most people prefer to hold on to them!

Katie,

From what I see, his site is back up.

As for used HyperBikes, people who have them generally want to keep them, so you rarely see them offered second-hand. I'm afraid you'd be in for quite a wait if you were to hold out for a used one.

Susanne,

Yes, the site is back up and I spoke to Bob on Saturday. I will eventually be ordering a hyperbike with the new C size shafts for my bigger girls. Probably better to get the correct size in a new cart than hope to fit a used one! Thanks for the info.

Katie

Glad you reached Bob, phone is definitely his preferred method of contact.
default_wink.png
I was going to mention those new C shafts but since you already know about them I'll just say "enjoy!"

I'm facing the same dilemma about when to move a younger horse from EE to Hyperbike and my thoughts are that I will do so when I know he'll listen no matter how fast he gets going or how excited he is. They tend to think they've spouted wings in the 'Bike and I need to know that if I ask him to stop, he will. He needs to have a completely solid "Whoa" for getting in, controllability while at speed, and I personally want him advanced enough in his training that we're driving tight corners in the regular cart so I know he's got the skills to remain balanced when spinning the Hyperbike. It's very, very easy to turn but young horses who get overexcited and don't know how to balance would be likely to hollow out and try and run through a turn and that's a habit that could get someone hurt. The horse, most likely!
default_wacko.png
I want the horse in balance and in control of his body at all times and that's a learned skill.

Now to be honest if I had a lazy horse I'd probably worry a lot less and put them in the 'Bike fairly soon to learn some lessons about being forward. I might also put a tiny horse in the 'Bike sooner as a regular cart might be too hard for them while they're green and cause discouragement. Both of my guys are refined, fast, lively twinkies who think speed is a GREAT thing so I'm a little more careful with them!
default_laugh.png
A little weight is a good thing when training a horse like that. I consider the Hyperbike a privilege that they earn with good behavior.

Leia

Latest posts

Back