Hows everyone else in New Hampshire?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
In southern NH its been ice everywhere. Last night we lost power around 5pm and it didnt come back on untill 11:30ish pm. Listened to the police/fire/rescue scanner last night and it was a mess with wires down and small fires from trees and wires mixing. All last night you could here the ice falling from the trees, it was kind of creepy. We did have heat because of our wood stove and we had plenty of water stored up. For both human, dog, and horse. I was so glad that none of my heated buckets froze (one bucket inside and a tub outside). To top it all off, it was snowing when I woke up and is still flurrying. They even canceled classes at my college. Little horse is locked in today untill I find a escape proof way of closing off the awning attached to the barn so he doesnt hurt himself on the ice. Its not a lot, but it sure is slippery! And with snow on top it makes it worse in spots. :no: I cleaned my stall last night with a battery camping lantern hanging from a likit rope in the middle of the stall :lol: Little horse was very intregued with it.

How's everyone else doing?

I am just above Concord, and all we got was sleet and freezing rain. About 4 inches. Our town did not lose power, we have a generator and so we have water and heat anyway. This is our first winter with it, and we have only lost power once.....when a car hit a telephone pole. Worked nice though! :aktion033:

The mini's were loving the weather yesterday, they did not want to stay in thier run-in. They looked like something out of a movie......all ice and wild manes frozen stiff. I should have gotten a few pictures. I'm sure there will be a next time........

Alicia

Here in the thumb area of Michigan we had freezing rain, sleet and snow. Brought all the horses in the barn for the last two days. Put them out today even with some snow flurries so we can clean stalls. They are having a ball strutting and showing off. Other parts of Michigan closer to Detroit have lost power and many are still with out it.Many down trees and power lines.Getting help from neighboring states tohelp restore power. Hope all are safe.

ARGH!

We are just South of Manchester. HAD NO POWER FROM 7 PM MONDAY to 11:30 AM TUESDAY. School was cancelled (Thank Goodness because I hadn't studied for midterms) and I had to work yesterday. Everyone wanted to go to my work to get food because they had no power. I was the only cashier upfront.

Lots of trees are down and the roads were terrible.

I am off to take the shower I have been waiting for for about 12 hours now. I hate wells sometimes.

Latest posts

Back