How do YOU know that your hard work has paid off?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
Whether you breed, show, or own, how do YOU know that your hard work has paid off?

Well, I USED to breed and over the past 6-7 months I've been working on getting my herd back in the shape they should be. I started that in January/February depending on the horse. First with Strategy, Omelene 300, and then finally the Miniature Horse & Pony feed.

Last night we finally got our pasture mowed, raked, and baled into 8 large bales. I let the horses out into the pasture and around the time my dad went out to pick all eight bales up onto the hay trailer all seven horses pranced the entire acreage with their heads and tails held high. It was the image of perfection. Bow and Pete were leading the herd and Ale had her tail so high it was laying on her back. Even the dwarves were prancing around. It was beautiful. You could see the god breeding in them too, even in the dwarves which is quite contradictory. But you could see it in their expressions and actions.

One of my dwarves, a four year old gelding, took over his dam's old position in the herd. Watch Dog. His dam used to chase the dogs from the other horses until she became a mother. Teddy was out there with his ears back and protecting his little herd. He's definitely taken over the herd stallion position too! Just without the testicles!
default_new_rofl.gif

So, what have you seen in your herd that has made you think, "I am doing this right"
default_thumbup.gif

Pictures are welcome.
default_wink.png

-Julia

Well, not to brag, but maybe just a little, you know you are doing something right when your stallion produces Champions, like this one, he has more, but I don't want to brag too much, just a little.
RiverRoseVanillaSkySundown3.jpg

Ok! more bragging, just one more: My heart horse his spitting image:

jmkphoto.jpg

YEP! That is a very good way to tell if you doing something right!

Feel free to brag by the way.
default_yes.gif

To me it is when every year we have better and better foals, the compliments on our horses, and improvement in the showring.

My first homebred foal is this guy, Maple Hollows Little Bit of Magic, who I think is the greatest horse ever and it made me feel great when I was told that he was the best behaved stallion in the ring and that I was doing great training him!

249381_1865955166594_1172460008_31732991_7041256_n.jpg

default_saludando.gif
WOW
default_new_shocked.gif
all your horses in america and a far,, are just stunning.

That is what iam trying to do in australia produce some stunning foals....

Latest posts

Back