Horse Hair Needed for Oil Spill

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie/Azariah

Reaction score
My friend a horse person and hair dresser told me that they are collecting hair at their salon for the oil spill.

She looked into it further knowing how many horses we clip at this time of the year..... maybe THIS is why when I normally have a bunch clipped by now, the weather has stayed cool and held me off.

Here is the info:

No, this is not something silly.... clean hair soaks up oil and there is a group who collects hair - human and animal -stuffs it into nylon nets and packs it off to groups for oil spillage. Matter of Trust collects boxes of hair, nylons, etc for groups all over. Here's a video: (really cool music, too!) They then recycle the oil in various ways.

What can you do....Well, print off the information from the link below, take it to your hair salon, barber, pet groomer and get them on the program!

http://matteroftrust.org/programs/hairmatsinfo.html

Help us save wildlife and the seafood and tourist industries along the Gulf Coast.

Lets see if we can make an impact with our little horses hair!

Oh this is cool. We will be doing some clipping this weekend so I will make sure that I get as much hair as possible.

So I have a question...... so they want the body hair and the mane hair?

That is a wonderful video! And what an excellent idea.

Hair, hair, hair, yes, we have horse hair.
default_rolleyes.gif
And now a place to send it. Thanks, Julie!

This is great! I knew about it from my hairdresser, I just did not know they could take horse hair!

I have SOOO much hair in the next few months and this will be a win-win for me.

I LOVE knowing the horses hair will go to something great fo rthe environment!

Yes, they use all types of hair; human. horse, dog, llama etc. You do not have to wash the horse's hair first. Just do not include a lot of straw (and no trash) in the hair you send.

This is really GREAT!

It would be good if we could all pass this on to contacts on your email, facebook...pass it on. I have started my collection.

Latest posts

Back