horse blankets and barn towels that smelled nasty/ moldy/funky

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanny

Reaction score
Anybody else always on the lookout for new products?

Here is the latest product I am raving about and telling everyone about......

I was watching one of our local TV shows around Christmas time and they featured the top ten new products/best gifts and they talked about "SmellyWasher" and I went on the website to read about it (and was totally disgusted because I knew right away that our wash machine had issues) and then I went out and bought some to see if it would take care of some horse blankets and barn towels that had been damp and stored in the barn and smelled nasty/funky even after I washed them a couple of times. I used it first to clean my wash machine and then I used a capful in each load to wash everything and it took care of them and they smell great now and finally seem truly clean. I've since used it on our house towels and other laundry with great results. Our kids are always leaving damp towels on the bathroom floor and then when they get washed they still didn't smell or seem clean and "SmellyWasher" took care of it.

It was invented here in MN and is only carried at a certain chain of hardware stores so I don't know if other stores around the country carry it, but I think you can buy it online on their website if you are interested.

For sure, if nothing else, read the info about mold and fungus that gets trapped in wash machines and that bleach and other products can't get it out. I was totally grossed out and when I did what they recommended to clean out the wash machine and ran a cycle and then let the washer sit overnight full of water I had a film of gunk and crud and crusty stuff floating on top of the water which presumably came from inside all those little holes in the washer barrel.

Here is their website SmellyWasher

Thanks for sharing do you know what is in it?

I do know that baking soda and vinegar can open plugged drains

and works to stop odors in washers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to try the baking soda and vinegar trick on a drain that is slow -- is there a certain mix or ratio to use?

I never have drano on hand because it scares me to keep it around the house with kids. Too easy to get sick or poisoned by it.

For smelly things in laundry, and smelly things in general, we use OdoBan. You get it at Sam's Club and some WalMart stores. Put a little in and things smell fresh. It kills germs also. You can spray it in the barn or practically anywhere.

It is germicidal and kills many kinds of nasty germs.

This is from the product website:

OdoBan, Odor Eliminator

OdoBan, Odor Eliminator, cleans, disinfects, sanitizes, and deodorizes all precleaned hard, nonporous household surfaces. OdoBan eliminates unpleasant odors on washable surfaces such as upholstery, carpets, bedding, showers, walls and floors while leaving a fresh scent. This industrial liquid odor eliminator leaves no residue and has a variety of uses.

Mary,

Did you follow the instructions to the T? I am surprised they can market this, they do not list any ingredients and list it as harmful to swallow or get in your eyes.

Hmmmm!

Thanks!

I ordered some of this today..........I hope it works, I am so tired of my towels smelling mildewy.......... I wash in warm water and usually double rinse & then right in the dryer.....and they smell fine when you take them out & fold them, but use you towel off with them....yuck.

I shall give an update once I get the product & test it......I am definitely a "seeing is believing" type of person...so will keep ya posted. Glad to see/hear about this product though, it sure can't hurt to try it out.

I think after reading more info, I need to invest in the dryer balls, so I am not using fabric softener sheets....even if I use the odor free ones...........

Valerie

Latest posts

Back