HELP PLEASE!!! UPDATED WITH PICS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla221444

Reaction score
My poor little Prince!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
His left side of his face is swollen up, and warm, sponge feeling to touch. He doesn't act like it hurts if you touch it, but he has been A dead head lately!! He wont run or play at all..he eats though constantly!!! What could it be?? Could it be a sinus blockage???
default_unsure.png
I have to get the vets out to look at him ASAP!
default_sad.png

002.jpg

004.jpg

PS..I CHECKED FOR FOUL SMELL, HE DIDN'T SMELL LIKE ANYTHING..VETS WONT COME OUT UNTIL MONDAY SINCE ITS NOT AN EMERGENCY :arg!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard about tooth abcesses acting like that. The lady told me she smelled the horse's breath and it was terrible.

Oh Great, in that case I dont know who to have to the house, vet or dentist...our vets do dentist work, but they aren't any good at it, and cost a fortune! And my dentist Is WONDERFUL!!! Hes great with the minis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the vet out there now. All/most vets (good ones, anyway) know how to treat an abcess and do basic dental work.

Poor little Princy I am having vets come first thing in the morning, hes eating and in good spirits so he must not be in pain from it yet.

At two years old might just be tooth pumps, I believe he might be fine, if eating and drinking...

Snake of spider bite? I had a youngster get bitten once, we think it was a rattle snake, though we couldn't find a wound. Her nose was swollen up like a balloon, but she didn't act like it bothered her.

Yes, I would call my regular out to look at him. He can decide what it is then and you can go from there. It could be a snake bite and this is not good at all. Or simply food stuck between his teeth, caps or?????????

Good luck,

I had a two year old who had that exact look. Hers, and I'm thinking his, are tooth bumps. It's their teeth moving down into position. Some horses get this. Blessing did get sinus infections a few times; meds didn't work--we had to wait it out.

I'll say do not panic. They go away in time--sometimes years. Do a search for "tooth bumps" on here and see what you get.

default_yes.gif
looking at the pictures, for sure what I mentioned, tooth pumps this happens when new teeth come in and usually at two, some do take along time to go away,
default_wub.png

The only thing I dont understand, is why is he acting so lazy?? He wont run and play...the gelding that is out with, him bites on him and wants to play but he wont do anything back! and just lets him bite into him hard...he seems larthargic.
default_unsure.png

The only thing I dont understand, is why is he acting so lazy?? He wont run and play...the gelding that is out with, him bites on him and wants to play but he wont do anything back! and just lets him bite into him hard...he seems larthargic.
default_unsure.png
In that case best to check with your vet..

Latest posts

Back