Has Photobucket lost its mind?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I haven't been to photobucket in forever and things have really changed over there. Used to be a simple upload and get your link but now they want you to jump through hoops to retrieve your pictures. .

Have had the worst time today trying to get a link for my picture to post.

Upload is fine, but then after that the photo seems to get lost in a maze.Where'd it go? Found it, Its in the library? It should be the last one I uploaded. Not there. Now it wants to go to an album. What album? Upload again starting over. Ok so I make and album for the one photo. Click that to get the link. Nope. Brings me back in a circle and now I'm in the library where the new upload isn't. Get out of there, return to try and find the picture. Gone. Upload it again, Yup its there again. Click it to get the link. Now I only have two choices of links. They want me to get more links. So now I'm redirected to get more links. Got them! Return to the picture....gone. Oh wait, Its in the library now. Fine. Locate the picture, click on it for the link. Links show up! HURRAY!!!!!!! but only the two links and not the ones I asked them to give me to post a picture here. Finally, I get all link choices to show up and darn it, now they aren't clickable!!!!

I'm going to loose my mind because they surely have.

I suppose we still need photobucket to post a pic here right? Shucky darn......

No, you don't need Photobucket to post a photo on here! Click the "More reply options" next to the "Post" button in the lower right of your screen. Then you can browse, chose a photo from your computer, click to attach it, and repeat. They don't always come up in the exact order you think they will but it avoids the Photobucket frustration!

gotta practiice this

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Marty photo bucket is NOT what it use to be. It's a pita merry go round of trying to find my stuff now. It was easy, now it's a jumbled up blinking animated mess.

Marty you can choose photos from your computer for your posts and / or load them in a folder in your gallery here and then insert them from the your media tab.

Ok now this is clear as mud. Gallery? Really? Where's that?
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

It was easy enough to browse and it loaded up just fine but when I hit post......it didn't GAAAAAAAAA

Hmmm, I haven't "done anything" in Photo Bucket for years since I developed probs getting into our account 3 or 4 years ago. The "look" hasn't changed for me - but I've had my account since ... 1999? I can't even remember! Sometime last year, I started removing pictures - because my account had so many that I just couldn't get it to open at all.

However, putting them into my Picasa account doesn't work either as it's already got a lot of photos. May have to look into some other on-line photo albums - haven't checked since... 2009/2010?

So I was at Photo Bucket last night, too. BUT I had the opposite of you, Marty! For the first time in years, I was able to "straight click" on the photo itself (rite click). That opened a window from which I was able to copy the location (URL) on line to post (haven't been able to right click a photo in forever!).

To start, I opened the link to the account. If I lose my link, I'm in trouble because a search doesn't always find my album (Can't find it in Picasa either...)!!! I find it opens better for me in a browser that is not IE (FireFox?). UUUUHHHH - guess what - there have been changes just since 2 am this morning!!

I clicked on the left side to open my albums (I have 51 albums!). Hmm, the link opened today with the Library open. I have the free account. My girlfriend that also had a free account could make changes to the layout/look of her "page", I didn't do so well figuring that out. The other girlfriend, who has a paid account, can do much more with her account that I can't do (her pics are locked and most people can't click and copy/download her pics). I don't like all that and at this point - why pay for an account that I can have for free at the moment? (I'm loading Example pics to this thread).

PB1.jpg PB2.jpg

When I open a pic, it wasn't "right clickable" to get the location before. There is a window to the right, and you mouse over and left click on the URL you want (shows in yellow now when I do it and in example). Come back to LB, click on the "poloroid photo" icon under the smiley (red arrow), and it opens a box and you paste the code into the block.

pb3.jpg PB4.jpg Then you get the picture inserted in your post. If yours is different, I'm not sure how to help.

6976.jpg

YES, I've seen some different settings that made the access a little different. Last month when I did this, that copied "code" wasn't cleaned up (html brackets around it) and when you pasted it into the window, you had to physically clean it up - if you don't know html code, sometimes you didn't clean it up all the way or you removed something important! - or it wouldn't load into your post. Today - I don't need to do that. (See link above the photo, that has the red arrow in it).

Next pic shows how I got the location code by right clicking on the photo in my Photo Bucket account. Click on Image Info (red arrow), next window, copy Location. Then back to above - open polaroid photo link in LB and paste location. These both create outside links to an online photo album. The pictures ARE NOT loaded directly to LB's server.

PB5.jpg PB6.jpg

I much prefer doing the links this way than loading directly to LBs servers. All the examples above are loaded directly to LB and LB resizes them - making them blurry when I have them set at the sizes that I do (500x375 for me). The tall pic of "IC" with our daughters taken in January 04 is the result of following the examples.

****Using the load feature under More Reply Options allows you to load photos directly from your computer to LBs server. I seem to have opted for HTML in my "look", so I can move code around and reload pictures if I don't like the locations in my post... That's another post... ***

Whew, that took awhile. I have to go outside and feed more hay to some ponies and water then off to get a load of hay.

targetsmom... THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally posted my own photos on this forum using your directions. I did it, I really did, have been having somebody else post my photos for quite some time now. It really works... I posted photos of my new puppy Molly on my other dog training new puppy string all by myself. WHOOO HOOOO. LOL, you all really have to understand how long I have struggled and wanted to post a photo without using photobucket. I did it. thanks Targetsmom!

you have to click "attach this file" before clicking reply after you browse your photo. it really works:) happy happy dance.

Oh groovy there it is!

I don't know what I did but I want to try this again!

Memorial Day.jpg

Latest posts

Back