Has anyone made this hay feeder for their minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't but it sure looks like a good one. I'd make the slats closer together so a little one couldn't get a hoof stuck if they tried to climb it.

Really neat thanks for posting it.

thanks for posting - I've seen simular but prefab 'horse' hay/feeders but to the ground so smaller livestock can use them.

I've printed them off as eventually I'd like to come up with something to keep the hay from being as wasted as it is currently.

Thanks

I purchased something similar from our feed store a couple years back, it was made for feeding sheep, like yours, and it made of metal.

I love it but you have to keep one thing in mind, at least I have found one negative to it, if you have a couple bossy mare's/gelding's they very quickly learn to eat from one end and have their butt at the other so no one else can eat from that side! or I had two who took both side and no one else got to eat and they got very fat!!!

It does work well with my yearlings as they are not so bossy ....

but just something to keep in mind!

I have a hay rack feeder for my mares that is two sided and yes, sometimes one or two gets pushy til they settle down.... so I have a couple of other feeders to use as well, but I love a hay rack with the bottom tray to catch all the leaves, hay and if I want to throw in grain or BP or anything...

A new one is REALLY expensive though, since I have fenced another lot on the other side, but I have lots of lumber and this gives me an idea, pretty much based on this design.... by golly, I think I can do it! Oh, another project....
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back