Hairy road trip!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
I have been working on getting my daughter's horse, MiLo's Classic Ladies Man, driving because she wants to start driving him. I had him out for his first road trip last week and he was very much aware but had a good drive. We have been having some unseasonably FANTASTIC weather for Ontario so today, when it was nice and warm and sunny I took him out for his second trip down the road - TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY!
default_biggrin.png
Apparently they did some work on the road this past week trenching out the ditches to make them horrible huge horse traps and putting in horse eating culverts!!!!! Poor Manny didn't know which way to turn to escape! Add in the fact that today was garbage day and so there were recycle bins and garbage cans ready to leap out and grab him every laneway down the road and it was almost too much for the little guy. He had his head up and blowing for the entire trip as we wove our way from side to side all the way down to the next concession. Fortunately there is very little traffic on our sideroad but we did meet a pickup truck face to face going a little too fast for a gravel road just as we crested the hill. All I can say is I sure am glad the DEEP ditches didn't run there as Manny dove for cover and we ran down into the ditch then back up on the road again! The look on the pickup truck driver's face was comical and he stopped to make sure we were okay but I didn't, just kept going! We went down to the dirt road and then turned and came on home. Manny was soaked as he was wearing his fluffy coat and it was such a warm and harrowing day
default_laugh.png

On the other hand I took Kim's mare, Fleur out on the same drive today for her first time since they did the ditches and she handled it like a pro! She wasn't terribly worried about those man eaters presumably because she figured neither of us were MAN!
default_biggrin.png
She was feeling good and quite energetic but certainly not nearly as worried as poor wee Manny.

ROFLMAO!!! Too funny in the telling. Great story! Poor Manny, don't be too hard on him, those are very big and dark and large enough to swallow a horse. I'm not sure I would have taken another horse after that. Specially, a second trainee. I would have been blowing hard too. I think I would have been sipping my Bailey's instead. LOL Glad to hear my girl did well. Looking forward to my drive Friday.
default_smile.png

Nice of the pickup driver to stop to check on you. Hope he realized he caused it with his speeding. Maybe/Hopefully it will slow him down.

Latest posts

Back