Good sites to buy books on line

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just ordered a book from Alibris. I've had good luck with them. I used to sell books on eBay Half.com, but dont' go there much any more; they changed their format and it's hard to list old books that don't have an isbn. I like Amazon, also.

It annoys me when a used book I've ordered is coming from another country and the site does not say so. I ordered "The Lost Cyclist" for my son last year for Christmas. I ordered it in November on Amazon; the site said it was in NY. Even with media rate, it should have arrived in plenty of time. It did not arrive until late January. By the tracking number, I saw it left Europe, wandered around in the US for a while, finally got to NY, then leisurely made it to my state. It was humorous by the end; it truly was The Lost Cyclist! (It is the story of a young man in the early 1900's who treks across Europe by bicycle and disappears.)

Does anyone know sites where one can sell, besides eBay?

I usually use Ebay and Amazon. But I have went to Half.com, Abebooks, and I think it's Biblio.com.

If you have books you'd like to sell, you can always post them here in the thread pinned on top called 'Book Exchange'. I recently had some of mine listed on there and sold them. Maybe try it for a week or two, and if you don't get any nibbles, then list them on another site? There is also the auction site on LB, where people can bid on your books. I heard the price to list them there is better then on ebay but maybe one of the forum moderators could share more about that if they read this?

Latest posts

Back