Forum Problems-Quoting/Cut-Paste

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngC

Reaction score
I've been doing some upgrades on my computers. I'm trying to figure out whether I broke some forum features in the process of upgrading or whether there are some known issues with the forum software.

Right now I can no longer quote. Example: I tap the Quote button, nothing shows up in the editing window.

I've tried to emulate the quoting feature by cutting-pasting someone else's comments into the editor window and then adding my response below my cut-paste.

But cutting-pasting into the editor window is not working anymore, either..

Am I all screwed up?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been doing some upgrades on my computers. I'm trying to figure out whether I broke some forum features in the process of upgrading or whether there are some known issues with the forum software.

Right now I can no longer quote. Example: I tap the Quote button, nothing shows up in the editing window.

I've tried to emulate the quoting feature by cutting-pasting someone else's comments into the editor window and then adding my response below my cut-paste.

But cutting-pasting into the editor window is not working anymore, either..

Am I all screwed up?

Thank you.
Quote seems to work on my phone?

Quote seems to work on my phone?
Good idea. Tried it on an ipad; it's showing the html quote tags when I quote you Minimor. I'll try to post this to see what happens. (Edited to Add: Posted from my Ipad; while I was signed in on a desktop)

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm....

Well...fiddle.

Apparently, I've done something and can't figure out what.

Thanks so much Minimor. This one appears to be my problem. I have no clue what I did.

Checking to see if mine works. It has not for some time now. Nope?

I don't know why, but it seems you need to flip the little light switch looking icon to get quotes to work, at least that works for me on my computer.

It appears to be a problem between Internet Explorer 11 and the IPBoard forum software used here. Perhaps a moderator can chime in. I believe there's some things a user can do as a work-around, if they know HTML tags, to ameliorate the problem. I'm just surprised that it has not arisen as an issue sooner (I left the IE11 update languishing for quite some time because I didn't want to deal with stuff like this.) The information on IPBoard I found on the internet was circa end of year 2013,

I still have one computer on which I have not upgraded (husband's gaming computer) but I just can't see either using that or trying to back out of the IE upgrades I've already done. Especially since the issue seems to affect Safari versions too.

It appears to be a problem between Internet Explorer 11 and the IPBoard forum software used here. Perhaps a moderator can chime in. I believe there's some things a user can do as a work-around, if they know HTML tags, to ameliorate the problem. I'm just surprised that it has not arisen as an issue sooner (I left the IE11 update languishing for quite some time because I didn't want to deal with stuff like this.) The information on IPBoard I found on the internet was circa end of year 2013,

I still have one computer on which I have not upgraded (husband's gaming computer) but I just can't see either using that or trying to back out of the IE upgrades I've already done. Especially since the issue seems to affect Safari versions too.
The quote button works on Firefox...

IE - doesn't. not sure what version I am running, but it was updated a week ago so likely the newest one. On IE I cannot cut and paste here on LB, so cannot even paste something in and then type in the quote /quote to make a quote.

IE - doesn't. not sure what version I am running, but it was updated a week ago so likely the newest one.
Interesting. On Firefox I can cut and paste just fine....so can do quotes that way too.

Haven't tried Google Chrome.

The quote button works on Firefox...

IE - doesn't. not sure what version I am running, but it was updated a week ago so likely the newest one. On IE I cannot cut and paste here on LB, so cannot even paste something in and then type in the quote /quote to make a quote.

Interesting. On Firefox I can cut and paste just fine....so can do quotes that way too.

Haven't tried Google Chrome.
Hmm. Google Chrome works for quoting too.

Google Chrome works for quoting too.
And for cut and paste as well.

Good to know. And helpful that I how have 3 choices installed on my laptop! Used to be nothing but IE.

hmmm....

Well...fiddle.

Apparently, I've done something and can't figure out what.

Thanks so much Minimor. This one appears to be my problem. I have no clue what I did.
okay, I clicked the BBc code in the corner--had to go to more reply options to do that, then returned to the short reply box, just because on the more reply options page it doesn't have any quote buttons on the previous posts--but now I can quote AND cut/paste like usual.

Thanks, Debbie!

you are very welcome!
LilBeginnings.com -since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!

BowensDesign.com -Georgia

Thank you.

It does seem like it loses formatting on the cut-and-paste; i.e., the part of your signature I cut-pasted. But hey, this works for me!

Latest posts

Back