Fall Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister is doing a juried art show this weekend. I am helping her set up, and plan to take a few of my crafts and use them as props for her jewelry. We're using burlap and lace for the background. My crafts are folk art and primitive. We'll hang a necklace on a folk art horse, for example.

I do want to be careful not to impose on her display, however, as I have learned from bitter experience about mixing styles of craft/art that do not compliment each other.

Unfortunately, after 2 weeks of gorgeous sunshine, a cold front and rain are predicted for the weekend! She is outdoors, but under a deep porch. I'm sure the weather will deter some festival-goers, which is a shame. This is her first important show. http://www.medicinepark.com/events.php

It was a wonderful show! Very high quality arts/crafts! Everyone was selling; buyers were very selective in their purchases but pieces $$$ were selling. My sister did over $800 with her jewelry, and I sold two horses, two mice, a turkey and a lamp. It was fun to take mine as props for her things--the mice displayed bracelets around their necks (one tried to come home with the bracelet but he was caught in the act!). The stained glass vendor won People's Choice, but I did not see that booth. I was working and not able to walk around much. There were very unusual arts there, such as a man who carved in stone, a rug weaver, and a man who made copper bird baths. It was a Flute Festival, so lovely music was playing. I ordered a miniature flute to lay in my dollhouse.

There was rain the first morning, then the sun came out and it was lovely and cool with blue skies.

Very nice weekend.

She doesn't take credit cards, but a couple of people paid her with paypal on their Iphones.

Congrats to you both!!

Medicine Park? Wish I'd known about it.
default_smile.png

Congrats to you both!!

Medicine Park? Wish I'd known about it.
default_smile.png
This was the 5th year, I think. Keep it in mind for next year. Well worth a day's visit. As a result of the show, my sister was invited to put her beadwork in a nice shop.

I ordered a miniature carved flute for my dollhouse and it arrived last week. I have it laid on the table for now, but I am looking for a sofa table to put behind the couch and the flute would look well there. It is a bird flute.

www.cassphoto.com/flute.jpg

Latest posts

Back