Equine Management Software-- Your opinion on products!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.C. Lunde

Reaction score
Hello my fine mini-lovin' friends..

Was wondering your opinions on horse software. When I had only a handful of horses, the Excel Spreadsheet was working for me.

Now I very unefficiently work on a sticky note system. (they are covering almost every inch of my desk) AND IM GOING BONKERS
default_wacko.png

There's gotta be a better way to keep track of breeding dates, hooves, deworming, everything!!

The Excel spreadsheet ain't cuttin' it... Was wondering if any of you had a spreadsheet you use, and if you could share it.

Ive found Rendaivu online (looks interesting, especially the iphone app.. if only I had an iphone..) so was wondering if anyone had reviews, or recommendations on any programs!!

THANKYOU ALL
default_smile.png

I use Rendaivu and love it. Been using it for several years and find it very easy and complete.

I started using one called Ranch Manager by Lion Edge Technologies to manage the buisness. keeps track of profit and losses, where the horses are and foaling history etc.

I use Breed Manager for teh pedigrees and some invoicing.

We've used the Breed Manager for about 12 years (along with upgrades) and are very happy with it. Our herd is small but it has pedigrees, health, breeding and show records. Of course...........a real person has to enter all the information!

That sounds amazing guys. And I imagine it has a field on every horse where you can enter the price you paid for the horse, ect, so you don't forget?

Of course adding pedigrees would take a long time but it sounds like it's very worth it. Thanks everyone, Ill research those programs!!
default_biggrin.png

I used Breed Manager years ago, and honestly don't know why I stopped. I have though for twelve years used a spreadsheet. Actually a bunch of them. It's not perfect, but I've not found a software solution I really like and always figured I'd set up a database but have never sat down and done it yet!

I'm going to check Ranch Manager, thanks for the recommendation Joanne.

Latest posts

Back