Emergency Room

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyranch

Reaction score
Well, my freshman son did amazing at his football game last night, won 18-0, but got his hand smashed pretty bad. He is a lefty so of course he smashed this one and didn't want to take any chances, so off we go to ER.

This was his first time to ER since around 6 months old and first time since we moved to the area 2 yrs. ago.

We were there 2hrs., but that is because they wanted to get us in and out. Doc, said she didn't want us to stay there any longer than necessary. Kole had to have a temp. cast put on just in case and we will get x-ray results this morning. They don't think it's broken, just smooshed pretty bad. Possibly dislocated finger.

There were 3 inmates from the prison there freaking out, so there were about 10 guards too, then when we were leaving, there were 5 police officers around 2 big guys right near my car, and people were all over the place. An awful lot of excitement for a 10 bed ER.

I guess midnight is not a good time to be in town!! My nice little town where I shop, go to chiro, etc. turns into downtown Houston at night!!!

My baby got his first Vicoden (sp) and was a little high, but he said, "It's alright mom, I will just start swinging this cast if anyone bothers us, let's just get in the car." How funny!

Now, I know why my grandparents never went anywhere after dark!!

Gosh, I hope your son's ok. It seems like he's taking it well.

Your little town sounds like ours on a summer weekend. We have a LOT of bars here and I don't go anywhere at night. I live right across from 3 of them. That's just not a chance that I'm willing to take with my life or the lives of my kids. I almost got hit once. It was just after dark and someone was turning in front of me, so I was stopped. Out of no where came this drunk that no one could see because he was speeding with no lights on. The police here just look the other way and slap him on the wrist with a warning :no: One of the bars here has a "teen night" and that's actually worse than the regular adult nights. The teens get drunk before they go, then dance all night and get hot, then throw up all over the street and sidewalk on the way back to the car.

I love my little town, but I sure wish I could be somewhere else during the summer
default_yes.gif
:

I hope your son feels better soon.

So sorry about your son. Hope his hand heals fast so he can play next weekend. My son would play regardless of any injuries when he was young. Of course in a few years he'll probably regret it when Mr. Art comes to visit him. :no:

Hey Steph, do you live anywhere close to Shadow Lake? I've only been there once with some women I worked with about 12 years ago. We no more got there and sat down when they said "OK let's go trolling"! Well, dumb me say's "What's that"? After they told me it was where you walk around and look for a guy to talk, dance and be with I had to excuse myself and come home. I'm such a fuddie duddie! It was a wild place for sure. Hope you don't live close to that, but if you do there's some beautiful scenery around there!!

Sometimes I wish we didn't live in a "dry" area. Then all the crazy people would have somewhere to go. But I know bars would be worse, even tho a dry county doesn't stop people from drinking and driving.

My son is fine, wanting to take the temp cast off. I shouldn't let him, but you know how those football boys are. They have a different mentality!

Sorry that he was hurt but glad to hear good news that nothing is broken! Hope his hand heals up fast and he is back to his football soon!

Last edited:
Hey Steph, do you live anywhere close to Shadow Lake? I've only been there once with some women I worked with about 12 years ago. We no more got there and sat down when they said "OK let's go trolling"! Well, dumb me say's "What's that"? After they told me it was where you walk around and look for a guy to talk, dance and be with I had to excuse myself and come home. I'm such a fuddie duddie! It was a wild place for sure. Hope you don't live close to that, but if you do there's some beautiful scenery around there!!
I'm only about 3 miles from Shadow Lake, actually. That place is bad, but at least they're only open on the weekends. Where I live (south on hwy 59) the bars are open all year long. It's funny, when it snows and the roads are bad, those people still find a way to get to the bars :no: LOL, I'm constantly picking up beer bottles out of my field. I've actually never been to Shadow Lake, not even on Teen Night. I have sat outside talking to some friends when they got out and it was awful. Drinking, when you're the proper age, is you own business. But the teens was what got me so upset.

:saludando: I hope that your son gets to be feeling better soon.. It really hurts to see your kids in pain.. We live in a small town, not to much going on. But we have our share of wierd things happening. Mostly from people on vaction, but after summer, things calm down. I know our ER knows me by name
default_rolleyes.gif
: .. Both my son and daughter visit to often.
default_wacko.png
: This summer, my son had two injury visits.. One by ambulance and one with me taking him.. Boys will be boys... My daughter is for her health, mostly. with being a preemie, colds hit her hard.(pneumonia 6 times in one year.) We have seen alot threw our ER, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back