Does your horse do any tricks?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy Me

Reaction score
Okay, I was wondering if anyone's horses did any tricks. Fancy can shake hands, smile ( only for a treat!) and dance ( she gets bratty when it comes to the dancing though....heheh, I guess trotting in circles is not on her fun list... ) *I know this was totally random, but oh well.....I guess I have crossed the dark side called randomness....yay for me! Well let me know if any of your horses can do any tricks. And are there any more I could teach fancy? Thanks! -Lulu :risa8:

Okay, I was wondering if anyone's horses did any tricks. Fancy can shake hands, smile ( only for a treat!) and dance ( she gets bratty when it comes to the dancing though....heheh, I guess trotting in circles is not on her fun list... ) *I know this was totally random, but oh well.....I guess I have crossed the dark side called randomness....yay for me! Well let me know if any of your horses can do any tricks. And are there any more I could teach fancy? Thanks! -Lulu :risa8:
"Taffy" Smiles

"Peaches" poses the "statue or liberty"

"Berry" Counts

Can't wait to read the other responses! :lol:

That's awesome! Yeah, at this barn I used to bored at there was this mini that could: count, smile, rear on command, etc. and he was on a TV show, like Americas top animals or something....cant remember, and his owner ( for some strange reason) dyed his hair pink!!!!!!! and dyed her Arabian mare blue!!!! Strange.....*banging head on desk, trying to comprehend her strangeness.... :eek: * Well before I get a headache, I am going to stop, well cant wait to hear what else you all have to say! -Lulu :risa8:

Off topic I know...but oh well.... :eek:fftopic:

Last edited by a moderator:
All of my horses touch targets when asked.

-Duke Shakes and can opens up a plastic bench when I ask

-Shyan also knows how to open up the plastic bench and he steps up onto a stool, oh and gives kisses when I ask. He's voice commanded when we drive. The coolest thing is when I ask him to turn, he can do a complete circle just by telling him turn.

-My Pippers is house trained

-My vixon she loves to work. She rears, she is learning to spin, she is learning voice commands. She walks parellel with me. If I stop and tell her to stop she does on a dime. I can spin backwards and she stays in motion with me. I can turn in any direction and again she stays in motion with me. Another thing, which isn't a trick, but when I first brought this mare home you couldn't catch her non the less put a halter on her. I tought her to trust me and tought her to put her own head in a halter. She also steps up on a stool.

Our mare Wolfpens Painted Lace was trained for a few tricks when we got her by All Star Farm in Ohio. These are pictures they gave us of her.

She is a 32" Black Homozygous Tobiano and has had 2 beautiful foals for us since we got her. She isa wonderful mother and a very sweet mare

Lace-onPlatform.jpg

Lace-Bow.jpg

Lace-clipped-standrightsidesmile.jpg

Yep, 3 of my weanling fillies know how to take the tire covers off the horse trailers. :eek:

My appy gelding can give kisses on command.

Hug on command

act ashamed on command ( he puts his head under my arm)

and he is learning more!

eagles ring farm,

Your pony is soooooo cute!! !!
default_wub.png
: Love the smile pic....♥ Here is a picture of Fancy smiling.... :bgrin

fancy-smile003.jpg

mine eat! and there super good at it!They love performing that trick 2 times a day. lolol :bgrin

default_rolleyes.gif
:

Mine are great at untying shoelaces! :eek: Also do a good job of taking anything I have hanging up and tossing it to the ground!
default_unsure.png
: We have several that stretch on command. It is my hubby's stallion that rears on command for him. We have a colt here that really shows the natural desire to please and know he could be trained to do a lot of tricks ...unfortunately his new owners will be taking him this weekend so hope they continue with him. I think it is wonderful that you all take the time to do the training that endures others to them. Keep up the good work! Mary

Lets see my Stallions have learned the Art of Flirting and Smileing at the Ladies! lol

My Perlino Appy Could Jump So high over Jumps it was incredible!

I had to have my first horse, Sky (arab x qh gelding), put to sleep a few months ago, but I taught him to "kiss" me. It took 10 minutes and he never forgot it. If I asked him for a kiss, he would touch his nose to my cheek. We did go through a phase where he was a little too enthusiastic about those kisses where he'd be kind of bashing me with his head to my cheek, but he learned "gentle" and then it was all good.

Right now, a lot of my horses know how to do "horse" things like driving, jumping, 360 pivots. The only "fancy" kinda thing is that one of them, Sunny, will drink from sports bottles :bgrin He came with that ability from Erica. I'm not sure if she taught him, or if he maybe snagged onf of her drinks one day and taught himself :eek:

Not really tricks but I used to long line my stallion Nick as a colt. He can Spanish Walk and bow.

Chrissy smiles by showing her teeth. I didn't teach her this but I got her to do it on cue.

Merry Beth shakes hands; Sandy (Semi) taught her that.

A lot of mine jump and side pass, 360's etc. and do stuff like that just for fun.

We have one we are working on bow and spanish march on. My Stallion will rear and count, and our filly had this year and keeping will sit (like a dog) and shake. My dughter is the one that does the tricktraining...she is 9 and enjoys it!

My little 28" silver-white stallion, Twister (soon to be gelding)...will fetch his food dish on command.

I am going to work with him this fall on teaching him some other tricks..he seems very eager to learn...
default_yes.gif
:

I have a little 30" B&W mare that was also trained at All Star...she can bow, stretch bow, count to ten, pray, and lay down...we have a little yearling that gives kisses...taught her when she was tiny and she still loves to give kisses.

Becky

I have taught different tricks to many of my horses. Alladdin has the biggest repertoire, rearing, walking on his hind legs, two different kinds of bow, showing which is his left and right front hoof, raise his hoof when asked who is #1, stand on a pedestal. Here are a couple of him performing:

Cavalcade2007-Liberty3.jpg

OG2007-bow.jpg

I do
default_wub.png
: me some Alladdin!

Most of my horses know how to smile. All know how to touch and follow a target. Some of my big horses know how to play piano. One can fetch. Several of my big horses will do a dressage horse "pose" on command. I enjoy trick training!

Latest posts

Back