Does anyone know how to change info in yahoo mail

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
I have a yahoo email account. When ever I send an email my first and last name shows up. I HAVE to change this. I have to do this ASAP!!

And if your name appears please change it! There are strange people out thier and use it as a way to get your personal ino!!

When you're in your mail account, there should be a toolbar toward the top of the page. If you are still using Classic, then the toolbar will be top right, but if you're using the new Yahoo mail it will be top left. The Options link on that toolbar has a drop down menu. Click "Mail Options" from the drop down menu. This will bring up a new page with a box full of sections on the left. Click on "Accounts" in that box, and then "Yahoo! Mail" under Accounts in the new center column that comes up. This should bring up a new box titled "Sending Mail" and the second field in that box should be Your 'From' name; changing that and then clicking the "Save Changes" icon at the top will change the name that appears when you send mail.

P.S. If you've got a Yahoo profile, you'll want to change your name there too!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!! Thank you soooo much!!! You just saved me so much grief! I had sone get my info bc they had my first and last name. I think this should stop it from happening again. Thanks soooooo much!!!

Glad I could help! I changed my From name shortly after I started buying and selling on Craigslist - that site is FULL of scammers/spammers/fishers.

OMG!! You must have read my mind. I got some wacko literally stalking me now. He found out where I live, sent me a Google eart map of my house. Found out my profession, home number and is not sending me nasty emails. I went to the police. I hope it stops!!! ANd I figured I wasnt helping by having my first and last name out thier. I still dont know how he got my info!! BC the email I use for CL doesnt have my name. Very scarey!!!

Latest posts

Back