Do you have a wish list?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Something that you would like to have that would help you out with your crafting? Or just something that you would love to have but just never buy?

I do! I really need an ironing board!! It stinks to try and iron on my bed or lay a towel out on my kitchen table. Pretty simple, I know, but It not anything I think about buying when I have a few extra bucks! LOL!

If you ever go to garage sales (or household auctions), check for one there, they usually go pretty cheap.

I made a press board for my quilting; found a scrap of plywood in the shop (its about 18x24", its just a bit bigger than my big cutting mat), wrapped it with a piece of cotton batting and then a piece of fabric (I think it was a cotton blend), stapled the fabric to the back; and I have a press board. I do have an ironing board, but this is handy on my cutting table and just the right size for pressing seams.

Can't think of anything I want, but don't have for my quilting, except maybe more space. There are lots of nice gadgets out there, but I don't really want many of them.

More space was on my list too! But i figure that can't happen unless I win the lotto and we all know how that goes! Either build or move and neither are going to happen!

I will check the garage sales, also I think I may have to make a trip to the Salvation Army to drop off some stuff so I could check there too! IF I remember! My luck I'd find one and I'll be driving my jeep and it won't fit. LOL!

I can relate to the ironing board. I have a very small one (maybe 12" X 24" that I put on the dining room table to use, it is about 5 inches high so much be used either on a table or counter) but don't have room for a full size one here in Georgia.

On our farm in Virginia, I have a full size one and it is my wish to have a sewing, weaving and supply room; where all my stuff would be in one place and can be left out overnight while working on projects. We should be moving back to Virginia late summer and hopefully, that room will become a reality. Other than that, I think I have all the things I need.

Lois

I dream of having a whole room! Just a room to myself. Full of shelves, drawers, tables, etc. To work on and store all of my different arts & crafts stuff!

I got my ironing board!!! Salvation Army for $5.00
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I am wanting to use more triangles and odd shapes in my piecing. Can anyone suggest a good book for figuring the geometry of planning the cutting of the pieces to include the seam allowance? Just would like one good book that explains it all.

Lois

Latest posts

Back