David Sheldrick Animal Trust

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I just saw a repeat of Oprah where she had Einstein on. The whole show focused on animals, in general, and their amazing abilities and, generally, how every animal is worth just as much (even more in many cases, in my opinion) as any human. I was, especially, touched by a segment featuring the David Sheldrick Animal Trust. Kristen Davis promoted it. This sanctuary takes in orphaned elephants and rhinos and rehabilates them for life back in the wild. In most cases these little ones are orphaned due to human causes (specifically poaching). Their keepers take care of them 24/7 (even sleeping with them) and show a tremendous amount of empathy and love towards them. I'm thinking of adopting a little one. It's a minimum of $50; you get updates etc. For anyone that's interested, here's the site: http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/

To add: You can also adopt in someone else's name, so it could make a great gift
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Matt! I've known of the David Sheldrick Animal Trust for years. It's an amazing organization and its work is so admirable. I saw a story on TV about them many years ago and was impressed with the commitment of the elephant guardians.

Latest posts

Back