Colt foaled this morning -- too funny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
colt_016.jpg

He's not even dried off yet! I don't remember how he got there, but it was hilarious so I took a picture. I had to pick him up to get him off because mom wanted to stand up a few minutes later. LOL

Oops maybe this should be on the photo forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and look at those LEGS!! I think he is just trying to show them off.

AWE How cute! Perhaps he thought Momma was still supposed to carry him, even though he was now in the 'outside' world LOL! Many congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

Sure and unusual pose but cute!!

Joyce

Little Folks Farm

Boy--your PH strips really work well--every time you say someone is at the lowest--they foal in a hurry! I was happy to catch at least two of your births this year.

He looks to be gorgeous--let's see some dried off photos, Tracy!!

Yes-- those pool test strips are a life saver! If I hadn't been there for a couple of the foalings this year, I'm sure I would have lost them.

Plus, it keeps me from going on 'high alert' too early. If I got all excited and anxious every time she acted like she was going to foal, I'd be exhausted and crazy!

Ohh mom must have been sore. Birthing and then a baby on top of her!

Tell us about the pool strips and how you use them!

Pool test strips are from WalMart. They have 5 to 6 steps for each item they test. I only tes tthe pH.

The milk's pH is at the highest level until the mare starts getting close. Then it begins to drop. Once the pH reaches the lowest square, the mare should foal in 24 hours. This year the mare has foaled within 1-3 hours.

All I do is put a couple drops of milk directly on the pH square.

We've had 6 foals so far this year and the pH tests have been very accurate and an awesome indicator. Better than anything else.

colt_016.jpg

He's not even dried off yet! I don't remember how he got there, but it was hilarious so I took a picture. I had to pick him up to get him off because mom wanted to stand up a few minutes later. LOL

Oops maybe this should be on the photo forum...

This needs to be on FB

lildrummer

Congrats Tracy, can't wait to see more pics of him.

I'd love to try the pool test strips but I don't think Squirrel would be to impressed, lol. I thought for sure she was going to have her foal a couple of nights ago but no such luck, she's so close.

Latest posts

Back