Cart maitenance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I am buying a used easy entry cart that has been sitting for a few years. It's inside the barn, on a wooden pallet, shafts up. It's very dusty/dirty, so its going to need cleaned up. I was going to take it home and hose it down, then just use car soap on it to get it clean. Would waxing it help protect it more, Do I need to grease anything on it, etc?

It wouldn't hurt to take the wheels off and check the axle stubs for wear and lubrication. Also check the singletree (if it has one) for wear and security. Make sure the bolt holding it on isn't bent or loose. Also, check the singletree for dry rot, and replace it if necessary. Actually, I would replace the singletree totally. That is cheap insurance. Make sure the singletree straps are in place, and if nothing else, get a couple of dog collars for it if they aren't there. Check for loose spokes on the wheels, and loose nuts anywhere else. Paint is usually the least of your concerns with a used vehicle. You can wax it, but you really need to spend more time in those other areas first. Otherwise, you are just going to look pretty while you are having your wreck!
laugh.gif

Myrna

Myrna,

That's exactly the advice I was looking for, thank you. I will wash it off so I can see everything good, and go over everything you mentioned.

It's actually my barn owners cart, its a CTM cart. They purchased a unregistered mini a few years back who was trained to drive and got a cart planning to drive him. They ended up selling him and never did drive him, so the carts been sitting assembled in the barn for maybe 2 or 3 years but to my knowledge it's never even been used.

Latest posts

Back