Book choices for April

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which book would you like to read?

• "The Perks of Being A Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • "The Crystal Cave" by Mary Stewart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Alter of Eden" by James Rollins

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky - Charlie is a freshman. And while he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his years yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it. Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory: the world of first dates and mix tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But he can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.

"The Crystal Cave" by Mary Stewart - Born the "illegitimate" son of a Welsh princess, Myridden Emrys -- or as he would later be known, Merlin -- leads a perilous childhood, haunted by portents and visions. But destiny has great plans for this no-man's-son, taking him from prophesying before the High King Vortigern to the crowning of Uther Pendragon . . . and the conception of Arthur -- king for once and always.
"Alter of Eden" by James Rollins - Bagdad falls, and armed men are seen looting the city zoo. Amid a hail of bullets, a concealed underground lab is ransacked.... and something horrific is set loose upon the world. Seven years later, veterinarian Lorna Polk investagates an abandoned shipwrecked fishing trawler carrying exotic animals, part of a black market smuggling ring. But something is disturbingly wrong with thes beasts..each an unsettling mutation of the natural order, all sharing one uncanny trait, incredidibly heightened intelligence.

Since I suggested it, I voted for number three. I have read it, but it was a while ago, and am looking forward to rereading it. It is a on the edge of your seat novel! Love it. Since we are all animal lovers you will like it too, of course it has more then animals, a little romance, some intregue, some suspense, well you decide for yourselves.

Even though I nominated the Crystal Cave, I voted for Number 3. I'm interested in Number 1 as well, so I will read that one as well. So with the books I have listed to read on my shelfari, I now have 5 more from this list to read since I ordered the 3 books in the Crystal Cave series.

I haven't ever read Rollins, but I am loving this book discription! I'll end up reading it for sure regardless of if it's one of our selections (already added it to my to-do's). Excited also to tell my dad about this book (sounds like one he'd like) and might be an author he hasn't tried yet, etither.
default_smile.png

So far, I have found several "new" (to me!) authors through this reading circle!
default_smile.png

I've never read Rollins either. I will leave this up for another day, just to give everyone wanting to participate a chance to vote.
default_smile.png

Just started coming here but I would read Alter of Eden and then maybe the Crystal Cave.

Latest posts

Back