Blue Water Miniature Horse Club - 4 part Driving Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammie

Reaction score
For anyone interested the Blue Water Miniature Horse Club will be holding a 4 part driving clinic series. These clinics will be instructed by Donna King of Menagerie Miniatures and held at Blue Moon Miniatures in Emmett, Michigan. This is a FREE clinic.

Part 1 - Preparation for Driving (held March 17th) - This clinic will address harness parts and purposes, how to put on a harness, cart types, ground training before hooking up, the perfect lead-sidepass, moving forward and back and ground tying.

[/b]Part 2 - Driving at a walk (held March 31st) - This clinic will address introducing the horse to the cart, hooking the horse to the cart, ground driving behind the cart, basic cart commands and basic driving.

Part 3 - Working with Gaits (held April 14th)- This clinic will address trotting/extended trot, collection as well as different gaits/different styles.

Part 4 - Practice with Horses (held April 28th) - A limited number Of BWMHC members only may register to bring their horses to participate in this clinic. The horsemust be green-broke and already pulling a cart SAFELY at a walk. Non-members may also attend this clinic as observers. This clinic will address correcting problems, getting the horse to move well at a walk, getting the horse to collect at a trot, backing, moving forward, staying on a straight line, moving at the diagonal, reversing.

So if anyone lives nearby and would like to participate we would love to have you!! Registration for the clinics is limited. Call Donna King at 810-387-3016 or email her at [email protected] to make your reservation.

For anyone in the area this should be an awesome series of clinics to attend. So if you can make it out I think it will be worth your time. I look forward to seeing some new faces. The clinics will be held on my farm so if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me. If you plan to attend make sure you register with Donna King.

Tammie~

The clinics are scheduled to begin at 1pm and end about 4pm. Check out our club website for more information on these clinics at www.bwmhc.com.

Tammie~

Latest posts

Back