Big let down.....The holidays are gone...boo hoo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I feel so bad that the holidays are all over. I guess I should feel relieved that I can finally slow down my pace, but nope, I'm sad. It seemed to have come and gone this year way too fast. Maybe its just that I'm feeling a wee bit too old maybe. hmmm

I start my holiday season actually the first week of September when I bring out my fall/autumn decorations. That seems early I know but since I go through so much trouble, I like to have them around for a while to enjoy. Then October 1 out comes the Halloween stuff to join the fall stuff. The day after Halloween I put all that away and get down the Thanksgiving stuff, and also start stringing lights up on the fence. Thanksgiving weekend is when the Christmas stuff finally makes its grand appearence.

It seems like the girls in the barn barely had enough time to wear their shinny new ribbons! Had a pretty new powder blue Santa's cap for Glory, (powder blue is her favorite color) and she only got to wear it twice.Amy never made it to the nursing home for Christmas Carroling and we completely missed being in the Christmas parade cause I went and got pneumonia. I even have lots of more things to bake up in the pantry and cookies I never decorated.....oh dear....and darn it, I just found some autumn spice and Christmas scented candles that I completely forgot to burn. Where did the holidays go?

Now, taking it all down is making me sad. I've been at it all week. I've been wrapping up our decorating treasures ever so carefully in lots of tissues and handling everything with great care, packing them away back in storage up on the loft. Sounds crazy but its like I'm saying good bye to a lot of old friends for a whole year. What amazing memories they hold.

I woke up this morning to find that Hus got up very early and took the tree down so that was one less thing for me to do.

All that is left now to go is the aftermath of what is on the front lawn. If you haven't seen our light display, its on the photo/video forum. We had a lot of outtages this year and quite a few things got broken in our winter storm which makes me sad.I'm going to need about ten more boxes of multi colored mini lights from Walmart for next year. Hus will be thrilled. He'll kill me yet.

Sure I decorate for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and the 4th of July but its just not like decorating for the big one!

Oh well, I'm a bit sad right now but I can get happy again making plans for next years decorations!

Happy New Year

I feel the same way every year Marty. I even did a post similar to this one last year over being depressed that it passed me by so quickly. I look forward to everything Christmas. I enjoy the time. The spirit leading up to the day. I have a lot of trouble when it is over.
default_sad.png
This year we have had such challenging times in my family, we didnt even get all of our decorations up and I have not watched some of my favorite Christmas movies. I really miss it. Ive promised myself that next year will be better.
default_bye-sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Marty I know how you feel and a lot of people get depressed or get to feeling sad or down after the holidays
default_no.gif
It's a real bummer and I know you really celebrate ALL the Holidays and that is Wonderful
default_aktion033.gif
But ya it's really SAD to take all those decorations down.

I have an idea you can throw around and see if it might fit and make you feel better. What about decorating your barn and your barn kids differantly because they are SPECIAL
default_yes.gif
and I think as during the Holidays and all the rest of the year, folks will see how much they mean to you. You can use light ropes to decorate outside and inside. Think of a theme that you use for each year that you can decorate each stall and barn kid with. I have thought of this before in the past, but just haven't done it...but If You are so inclined to decorate then it would be exciting for you and at the same time make you feel better.

Just an idea I had and maybe others could add to this idea, or maybe you would have lot's of idea's!
default_yes.gif

Just trying to make ya feel better because...even though I have never publically said my feelings about you, I have always had a great deal of respect and admoration for you. You are a VERY Talented Person in everthing that you try and Do!
default_aktion033.gif
We are So very Lucky to have YOU on this Forum
default_wub.png

Lov YOU and I hope your Blues go away soon!
default_wub.png

My best and New Year's Blessings

Jenny

Hey Jenny, you aren't far off. All my stalls have decorations that you can see on my farm tour page. I keep the barn yard decorated too with garden flags and hanging plants etc. but I guess I could do more. Ok I'll do more. This spring I'll be changing them around and putting up some new ones and taking down the old ones and adding some rope lights is a great idea. I also do keep the girls in scrunchies and they have red for valentine's, green for St. Patricks, red/white/blue for the 4th of july and so on. Yup, decorating maniac is me.

I was really sad to take our decorations down this year, too. I still have a couple of small trees up for a few more days, but the main, real one was getting a little dry so it was time to come down. It seemed as though the season went so quickly. But actually, I think this is only the NINTH day of Christmas. There are still 3 to go...

Latest posts

Back