AREA 3 - AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam VanderWerf

Reaction score
I received an e-mail last evening from my friend, Rachel with regard to a ballot you may have received or are about to receive concerning the Area 3 election. I thought I would post so the Area 3 members would know about the ballot and be able to return it by the deadline of December 1st. If you have any questions, I would suggest contacting AMHR directly. THANKS!

Here's Rachel's e-mail:

You may have received your ballot today to ratify or not ratify the election of Alicia Slocumb, along with an explanation of the necessity of the ballot. The instructions are to fill out the ballot and put it in a ballot envelope. Once sealed, the ballot envelope goes into the return envelope with your name and address and member number on it. The home office over-looked enclosing the ballot envelopes with the ballot. Several people have called the AMHR office and AMHR has talked to the lawyer. The lawyer has instructed the office to mail a ballot envelope to all of the Area 3 members. Please wait to return your ballot until you receive your ballot envelope. If you do not wait, your ballot will be pulled directly out of the envelope with all of your information on it, and it will not be a secret ballot. Please spread the word so that everyone is aware of what is going on. Also, please be sure to mail it back immediately. The ballots have to be postmarked by Dec. 1st. I've asked Mary Wahl of Area 3 if there would be an extension since we are running into the Thanksgiving holiday. That remains to be decided.

Thank you for all of your help and have a wonderful evening.

Tam & All Members of Area 3:

There was a problem with the Area 3 Elections this year. Stephen Henderson is the incumbent and Alicia Slocum was running against him. There was some issues surrounding the election and on the advise of the club's attorney everyone in Area 3 is to receive a ballot. That ballot HAS TO BE returned by December 1st (was announced at the convention two weeks ago) that this was going to take place. IT IS important that everyone in Area 3 take part in this so that the election results can be settled. This is everyone's opportunity to vote for the person of their choice as to who will be the second director for Area 3.

Karen

Thanks Tam and Karen

Karen do u know when these ballots was mailed out? as of today we have not got one..

thanks for the info..

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

In regards to the Area 3 Ballot !! THIS IS NOT A BALLOT TO VOTE FOR THE DIRECTOR !! IT ONLY TO VOTE YES YOU EXCEPT THE ELECTION RESULTS OR NO YOU DO NOT. !!

THE REASON IS BECAUSE THE VOTE TOTAL DID NOT REPRESENT A Quorum OF THE AREA 3 MEMBERS IT WAS SHORT 4 OR 5 VOTES ONLY . So Alicia Slocumb won the election with a 53 to 28 vote, but now since there was not a quorum the members of area 3 must do what they call a ratification , which just means except the election results or not..
default_wink.png

I got mine yestarday and didn't have a clue what was going on. Thanks for explaining this.

Got mine yesterday - will wait for the ballot envelope.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back