Anyone remember Funky?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisP

Reaction score
Funky was my little monster cremello colt with all the attitude. Well he's growing up and still has the same spunk! He thinks all the girls here should be his, no sharing. He also chases cars, I swear one day I'm going to let him out to see what he does when he catches one! We share a lane with two other families and two of my pens are right along the drive, he hides behind the pine tree when he sees them coming and then rushes up and chases them as far as he can, when they go past he shakes his head and stomps his front hooves at them :bgrin

Now these pics are NOT the best, he never holds still and I'm still getting used to the new camera, but this was his show for the day the other day, strutting his stuff for the girls in the pasture.

Funky is the result of a lot of planning on our part, his sire is our Dels Leo, a silver buckskin Maternal brother to Landrys Cowboy Del (same dam, Dena Dales Pansini) and his dam is a paternal sister, she's a palomino pinto Dels Cowboy Daughter. (Cowboy is a long time favorite of mine
default_wub.png
: ) This is the one foal that came out exactly what I wanted from the breeding, it'll never happen again, lol. Funky is still filling out and maturing but he got his mothers height which I'm thrilled with, his daddys attitude, and the color I so wanted.

Like I said NOT the best pictures, but they do show his personality
default_wub.png
:

183Qh7dpUoNHjuoY9QWG6IbVcCrxe98V01EA.jpg

5rjKyy0IARtXYMv6Ihg3DQIqHzC8Q54g01E6.jpg

-bU3gFygjU2cCN540lj0OfBXkfVUcWC301CF.jpg

Oqa16u7Cp5+cLIMStoUSPTESrF6c8xA401B9.jpg

cWd1PHFnv8QNjRlG3HYZRBYpKpkFNmm3015C.jpg

Cute guy..................I am very excited you are back..............

[SIZE=12pt]He's a cutie! Thanks for sharing your pictures! :aktion033: [/SIZE]

:aktion033: :aktion033: I remember when he was born - :bgrin Yep, you can tell he thinks he is Number 1
default_yes.gif
:

He is maturing into a good looking guy - and just think of all those "golden car chasing" children he will have some day :lol:

Hi Kris!

I'm glad you are back too. Not too many of us old timers left who post here anymore.

Great photo.

B

[SIZE=14pt]WELCOME BACK STRINGBEAN!!!![/SIZE] :saludando:

Of course I remember Funky.....What a cute guy! It's SO good to see you back here Kris. I've missed all your wonderful pictures and great wit!
default_yes.gif
:

What a guy!

So Kris, now that you have a new camera, how about a picture of Dodo's Mickey baby? Hummmmm?????

Glad to see you back. I hardly ever post anymore. I'm one of the "Old Timers" of the Forum too.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Colt is too cute!

Uh oh Kris you are in trouble now... admitting you have a NEW camera and not being around for so long.. we want pics of how the new (not so new now) place is coming along and the horses all growing up you will be a busy girl
default_yes.gif
:

Funky is adorable

Ofcourse I remember Funky. I think I still have baby pictures saved on a disc.

Carol

[SIZE=18pt] I think that Funky has the BEST full name that I can ever remember hearing!!! Because of that I will always remember him. Isn't it fun Kris to have almost white horses that find any mud on the place??? I have a perlino and a palomino that regularly make me feel like a bad Mommy when I look out and see them all black and brown. But they are horses, so they have to do that kinda stuff![/SIZE]

So glad to see you back on!!!!

:saludando: Hi Kris!

He just keeps getting better! I'll sure be watching for his foals next year. Would you notice if I slipped one of our girls into his stall some night? I do have a good pasture for car chasers you know.
default_yes.gif
:

Cute story Krispy! That is way too funny.

Yup I remember Funky and also remember TUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Welcome Back Kris!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures..and hope you will practice with your camera and show us more!!! I love them horses with 'attitude'...
default_wub.png
:

Thanks guys, it feels good to be back :bgrin . And I do kinda like his name too, lol, it's Play That Funky Music but he's been Funky or Wonky all along.

And Marty yep we still have Tucker, he had four foals last year, two silver dapple fillies, a silver buckskin colt and a sorrel colt. He's been quite the busy guy! We also have a 3 y/o silver bay roan Tucker son now that we'll be using, he's out of one of the Cowboy daughters
default_wink.png
:

Jody I'll get some pics of the Micky boy but just a warning he's a tiny black buffalo! We call him Malcom.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's appreciated.

Krisp

Kris,

I remember when Funky was born. He has grown up into quite the handsome young man! He reminds me of my cremello, "SunRaes White Gold" full of life and also very fuzzy and difficult to keep clean!!

A couple of days ago, I had him looking pretty clean until he went back in his paddock, it was instant roll in the wet, muddiest spot he could find - then he looked at me like "what are you going to do about it?" I do love him attitude and all!!

Nice to see you back posting on the forum!!

Oh, I love him! In the picture where part of his face is cut off, he sure does look like he's a smiling boy!

Latest posts

Back