Anybody wanna take a guess when I will "foal"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing within 6 days post due date as doctors are rarely right. Every "mare's" cycle is different and they go by a perfect 28-day cycle
default_wink.png
(Who is normal?) Unless you were early with your first naturally or they push you to induce (which they almost always do). What I wouldn't have given not to have been induced both times lol.

Why don't we induce mares? Because they are rarely ready when we are. Why do they induce women? Sometimes for a good reason. Sometimes it's just out of convenience.
My clinic does not induce unless medically necessary. This has been changed with in the last 2 years. To much risk to induction.

That said I know the exact day I conceived, and this "mare" doesnt have a 28 day cycle. Thus I say my due date is 11/11 based on my cycle length which is only 2 days longer then there due date of 11/9.

"I live on a farm, do you realize the things I do that most women dont do? LIke throw hay bales, clean stalls, split and stack wood"..
To tell you the truth, I don't know many women who DON'T do all of the above...and a couple friends of mine were riding almost up to their birthing dates...crazy! LOL!

I say...the day after their "due date".

I'm going to say 11/1 too since it's my birthday! It's a good day. No one ever forgets my birthday, I don't quite have to share it with a holiday, and when I was little it was all too easy to convince myself that everyone was giving me candy because they knew the next day was my birthday.
default_biggrin.png

To tell you the truth, I don't know many women who DON'T do all of the above...and a couple friends of mine were riding almost up to their birthing dates...crazy! LOL!

I say...the day after their "due date".

I dont know many that do do that. I live pretty close to the cities and even those that live in the same general area as me think im nuts. They all tend to think its a mans work. No actually its my work, and if anybody tells me I cant do something I am even more likely to prove them wrong.

I stopped riding, only because im not that good at it and didnt want to risk falling. I have horrible balance in general even with out being preggo. Plus I need a new riding horse.

Do we get a prize if we guess correctly, like the first baby picture? I'll play along and guess Oct. 30, Beggars Night, and the time will be 10:35 PM. That is when I delivered my son only the year was 1967.

I'm going with Nov. 6th before noon...no particular reason, just the first date that popped in my head. Good luck, won't be long now!

I might be able to come up with a prize. The way I feel toinght I think the trampoline tommorow sounds like a good idea.

I was just reading this and see no more replies.

Any updates?

Are you still hanging in there Ashley.
default_wub.png

She's still hanging out and being stubborn. Was in the hospital last weekend with a bit of bleeding but nothing thing from that. Have a doc appointment tomorrow so will see if anything has changed.

Just looking for an update. Been thinking about you both!

I'm no good at this but just wanted to say I'm looking foward to seeing the little one and praying for you to have a safe and problem-free "foaling!"
default_laugh.png
Can't wait to see the beautiful new bundle!
default_wub.png

Tomorrow is the 6th...the date I predicted...hurry up already Ashley! Lol

No update. Fridays check was fine but she couldn’t tell anything. Babies head is so low and pushing so much that she is actually pushing my cervix to tip back more than it already does. I asked her not to put me in excruciating pain to check it when it wasn’t necessary (the check the weekend I went in for bleeding put me in tears). I am not hoping she will wait until the end of next week so my partner can be there and my doc as well. She has a conference tomorrow through Wednesday so hopefully Mya works around it.

Me, I’m feeling fine. Put down the kitchen floor, cleaned half the house and framed in the patio door yesterday. Today split wood for 3 hours. Now I am exhausted but have homework to do.

39W3D and counting...........

Me, I’m feeling fine. Put down the kitchen floor, cleaned half the house and framed in the patio door yesterday. Today split wood for 3 hours. Now I am exhausted but have homework to do.
Sounds like with all that work you just did within 24 hours..

default_aktion033.gif
soon to be a mommy

Not likely, I have been doing that work for months, actually since the beginning. Still carry two bales of hay at a time, throw them over my head and do all kinds of stuff normal preggo people wouldnt do. Somebody suggested she is just pretty cozy in her little home and used to it all.

LOL Too funny on the foal thing. I'll tell you, doesn't matter what you do or don't do, and all the old wives tales, they'll come when they are ready to come and no sooner. I'd agree on the induction, don't do it unless it's a health thing for you or the baby. I let my doc talk me into one with my first and it was a horrible expereince. I'm 21 wks preggers and this one will show when he's fine and ready to also. lol Only problem with me is I'll be foaling out mares with a 8 month belly, and just hope non one decides to go when I do, he he

Wishing you well no matter what the date. I will say that in my both of my deliveries a huge SNEEZE caused my water to break.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back