any one drive a Superior Sulky cart?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegray21

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on Superior Sulky's? I found one for sale used for 1,000.00 has natural wood color shafts and was thinking it would look nice with my sorrel Ace. Wasn't sure if the oak color looks ok with sorrel. Also the shafts curve out at the end? The sulky cart I have now has strait shafts..any different in movement or comfort on the horse or what the judges think?

Thanks guys!

hmmm, never heard of them. Hopefully, someone will chime in. Sounds like a nice cart though. What are you going to be using it for? Any pictures of one you can post?

We had a Superior and it was OK. Not as nicely constructed as a Jerald or Houghton, but definitely serviceable. It's the cart pictured in my avatar.

I actually like the Superiors perhaps more so then the Jeralds, they were defintelly cheaper, but now I can't find anyone who makes them anymore. I tried the link but couldn't get it to work. I've seen a pic of the natural shafts before but didn't care for them, but that could have been just that paticular cart. I think natural works for just about anybody IMO.

I've sold my superiors, but tried to find someone who made them but couldn't so had to go with a Jerald. I'm happy with my Jerald but to save money would have gone with the Superiors. The Superiors are fantastic show carts I just see the Jerald as a top notch car with all your options where as the Superiors come with the basic package but will still get the job done.

I actually like the Superiors perhaps more so then the Jeralds, they were defintelly cheaper, but now I can't find anyone who makes them anymore. I tried the link but couldn't get it to work. I've seen a pic of the natural shafts before but didn't care for them, but that could have been just that paticular cart. I think natural works for just about anybody IMO.

I've sold my superiors, but tried to find someone who made them but couldn't so had to go with a Jerald. I'm happy with my Jerald but to save money would have gone with the Superiors. The Superiors are fantastic show carts I just see the Jerald as a top notch car with all your options where as the Superiors come with the basic package but will still get the job done.
I know that Superior is still around as just a few months ago my sister talked with them. Apparently he had a cart all finished that she was interested in. I can try to get the phone number from her, she lives in Kansas, if you want to speak to the guy who makes Superior carts. Just pm me.

Thanks but not needing to purchase a cart anymore. Thats kind of frusterating cause I've even called and he wouldn't return my calls, so I just asumed he shut down.

Latest posts

Back