An invite to a fun show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryrose

Reaction score
Pacific Crown is putting on the Shirley Odegaard Memorial Fun show on Labor day--Monday, one day only.

Fun games for the little ones with horses--egg races, water races barrel races.

Halter, driving, obstacle and jumping for 38 and under. Even non registered welcome. No fancy haircuts needed. Also will have two driving classes for pairs. 46 and under. Both fine harness and working harness.

I hope some of you in the NW can come. It includes free passes and parking for the Evergreen State Fair.

The entry form and show premium can be downloaded or printed from this file:

Download premium

Or go to webpage:

My Webpage

That does sound like fun! Would it be appropriate for someone who has NEVER shown? I actually think I need to go to more a schooling show first!

I can bring an UNregistered horse!!?? I am sooo tempted to bring my bigger B sized mare just for fun! I have never shown before either, but maybe I wouldn't be the only one! How serious are the other competitors going to be? I wouldn't want to come and bug anyone with my potential silliness. Hmmm....I'll have to think about this one. I'm about 1/2 an hour away in Arlington. Thanks for the head's up!

Jayne

Oh sure, you two finally decide to come out of the woodwork at the one show I can't attend! LOL I'm working the holiday, unfortunately, as I'd love to see you both debute. This show is eminently suitable for first-timers- easy entry carts fit right in and unregistered horses are welcome. You don't even have to body-clip although honestly most people do. I was one of the few fuzzies when I went.

You should both go! You'd have a good time.
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

I would love to go, and I would love to visit with Jayne and meet Sheryl, but we have the Oregon State Fair right before and the beach drive right after, so I really doubt we could. I'll keep it on the calendar just in case!

By the way, all you NWers...you need to come to the 2nd Annual Beach Drive at Long Beach, WA, Sept. 7-9! It's a blast, even if you can only come for a day. Leia has a thread about it that has dropped back a few pages.

That was the first show I ever attended and it is totally appropriate for anyone! And I have yet to be to a show that has met the quality of the kick-butt ribbons I got there! It was FUN and is a great way to get mini folks involved in showing, and also to get new people interested in Minis! It is a GREAT SHOW! If I wasn't going to be just coming off Central Point and packing for Nationals, I would SO be there!

Oh my God, I remember that Amy! You had Alladin there and I only realized I'd met you when you posted pictures afterwards and I recognized the horse. :new_shocked: :lol: Kody didn't go that year because he'd just been gelded, we went the next year, and then last year I was working again. ::sigh::

Susanne is right, those of you who can (Sheryl and Click are excused) should come to the beach! Jayne, you need to come join us on our little trail drives we want to start doing in Snohomish County. Amy and I have been out, and Sheryl and I, we need to get all four of us together at once.

Leia

Hi,

I just want to add that it is a FUN how...meaning its not a part of any registry, and yes any horse under 38" tall is allowed to enter. You get free parking and entry passes into the fair....what a etter way to spend the holiday. It is a great schooling show/refresher course before nationals.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back