Aerocrown club members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adair has the seat I originally wanted but I wish I could try it first to see if the side pads are low enough not to get in the way of my elbows. I've tried the other seat type like Amy has and my only complaint about that one is looks- I find it visually bulky for a small person like me and did note when going over REALLY rough ground it is technically possible to bounce a butt cheek up over the side.
default_new_shocked.gif
I'd want the side walls just an inch or two taller which of course would make it even more bulky.
default_laugh.png
I'm confident I'd be happy with the other kind of seat, just want to test it out and be sure the heights are right for me.

Go for the basket, otherwise you have nowhere to put a water bottle, camera, other picnic stuff. If you don't buy their (admittedly overpriced) basket, be prepared to install one yourself.

Leia

Adair has the seat I originally wanted but I wish I could try it first to see if the side pads are low enough not to get in the way of my elbows. I've tried the other seat type like Amy has and my only complaint about that one is looks- I find it visually bulky for a small person like me and did note when going over REALLY rough ground it is technically possible to bounce a butt cheek up over the side.
default_new_shocked.gif
I'd want the side walls just an inch or two taller which of course would make it even more bulky.
default_laugh.png
I'm confident I'd be happy with the other kind of seat, just want to test it out and be sure the heights are right for me.

Go for the basket, otherwise you have nowhere to put a water bottle, camera, other picnic stuff. If you don't buy their (admittedly overpriced) basket, be prepared to install one yourself.

Leia
If anybody wants me to meaure my seat I would be glad to, I can give you the height of the arm rests etc if you want.

Leia, I was hoping I could rig up Bob's spares bag for the hyperbike onto my aerocrown, do you think that would work? Have you seen his spares bags? I just didn't think things bouncing around in a wire basket under the seat would be too cool. I did take my gremlin bell off my meadowbrook before it left and installed it on my aerocrown, since the bell was gifted to me I thought that would be proper. And yup, the price of the basket made me say "what the heck"...

shorthorsemom said:
Leia, I was hoping I could rig up Bob's spares bag for the hyperbike onto my aerocrown, do you think that would work? Have you seen his spares bags? I just didn't think things bouncing around in a wire basket under the seat would be too cool.
I'd rather have things in a basket where I can get at them than in some sort of spares pouch I have to use both hands to unzip/unbuckle/untie. Been there, done that! It's a pain in the @$$ for us camera-crazy folks!
default_laugh.png
I figure I can always line the basket or chuck a small kit in there and tie it down so it doesn't rattle but I know many people do not feel the same way.

Not sure if Bob's spares bags would fit that cart as I know he's got a newer style since I bought mine.

Leia

Adair, If you don't mind measuring the seat that would be great
default_smile.png
Thanks,

Angie
Hey Angie, I will try to measure today. We had a crazy busy week on the farm... all that rain all spring and now we are trying to get all the corn planted and all the hay cut in one week. 3 hours of sleep a night and I am whipped, but my trainer is coming this weekend so I will take some measurements if you still need them of the seat.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Adair. I'd love the measurements if you get the time. Lucky you to live where you can put up your own hay. I'd love that. I am volunteering at the Orleton Farm show tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that someone there may have an Aerocrown so I can see it in person. Plus I will check out the paint samples from Jack at Driving Essentials.

Angie

Thanks Adair. I'd love the measurements if you get the time. Lucky you to live where you can put up your own hay. I'd love that. I am volunteering at the Orleton Farm show tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that someone there may have an Aerocrown so I can see it in person. Plus I will check out the paint samples from Jack at Driving Essentials.

Angie
Hi Angie... I can't put up my own hay, we only put up alfalfa and he chops it and puts it in a silo for the cows. I have to buy my hay
default_no.gif
and have to hunt around for some sweet fine grass for my boys. I want him to take a field and plant me some grass hay sometime so we can bale some for me so I don't have to buy it, maybe next year.

Here are the measurements... will try hard to make sense with them for you wish I could draw you a picture...

The seat measures 18 inches between the arm pads and 13 inches deep from the back rest pad to the leading edge of the seat pad. The pad is square removable cushion 2 inches deep and measures 15x20 inches. The back pad itself is about 20 inches wide and 5 inches in height.... and I get about 13 inch measure from the top of the seat pad to the top of the back rest to give you an idea as to how high it comes up on your back.... It is 8 inches in measure from the seat pad top to the top of the arm rest

Hope this helps. You can see that with the the seat pad being only 20 inches wide and only 18 inches of room between the pads on the arm rests, that is why I said that bigger bottoms might not fit in this seat. Even at my biggest weight though I felt very comfortable in this seat even in my big bulky winter clothes, so it isn't only a mini butt design either..

If you pm me Angie I can send you my phone number if you want to chat about anything on the cart.

I would be glad to measure anything else for you if you want... take care..
default_yes.gif
Adair

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it! I placed my Aerocrown order today! Jack thinks it'll be done at the end of July
default_smile.png
Base cart- no basket- maroon wheels!

Angie

You guys keep reminding me how much I will love this cart while I wait for it to be built and my wallet recovers LOL

Angie

Latest posts

Back