? about chain link fence

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams

Reaction score
my mini is currenty running free on our far, she doesn't get into an trouble but i wante to keep her in a dry lot because she is a fat pig
default_yes.gif
. the problem is that my dry lot has a chain link fence that she has learned to climb (like a goat would). I dont want her to get hurt
default_no.gif
, any suggestions?

These little ones are often too smart for their own good!

You need hotwire, top and bottom.

Not even no-climb fencing will work once they know how to climb. . Before we added the hotwire, Mingus managed to work his hooves into the 2 inch wide openings in order to push the fence down so he could reach the grass on the other side (Mind you, this is 4 ft tall fencing!!). When he did this, the wire fencing cut into his hooves, which then chipped.

The hotwire will also keep your mini from rubbing against the fence, which can be especially bad with chain link.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mare bounces off the chain link on her butt. Her colt has taken the privicy slats out of the neighbors side and carries them around in his mouth like a dog. Our fence is 5' tall. The goat goes under it(it goes to the ground). But, we have had no problems with it other than I mentioned.

I have never heard of mini horse's climbing fences before. My mini has jumped our 4 ft chain link fence and while wearing his winter blanket too. I'm glad he didn't get hung up on it.

Back