A little color help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFM_Minis

Reaction score
Hello
default_smile.png
I have had a few different opinions on my girl Angie (no surprise lol). I just really like her coloring and think her markings are neat no matter what they are but I will need to know her official name when I reg. her as a 3 year old. Any help is much appreciated
default_smile.png

She has almost a wonky medecine hat on one side, a brown patch on the opposite ear, a beauty mark under her lip and a pawprint on three legs just above her hoof. But you would never know they are there unless you wet her legs or clip her. Attached a picture of her head for ya to see. Oh and she has two blue eyes of course :p

Untitled_zps7586057e.jpg

neck_zps70acad9c.jpg

Hard to tell if she's bay or chestnut or silver bay without testing.

Technically not a medicine hat which must cover both ears as well, but she's close!
default_smile.png

How lovely! I'd call maximum tobiano with sabino. Bit difficult to tell if her spot and ear colour are bay or a dark chestnut. And of course, she could be carrying/hiding, other colours.

What colour are her parents? That might give more of a clue.

Lizzie

Thank you every one for the compliments
default_smile.png
I just love her and think she is special but I am a little barn blind haha

Her father is reg. as a brown pinto :s there is a link to a picture of him on my website. Her mom is reg. as a black pinto. On her papers they called Angie a chestnut pinto. Her grandparents are reg. as a sorrel, a black, a black pinto and a sorrel pinto.

I will have to get her tested before I send in the paperwork so I am sure. Tobiano with Sabino would be awsome!! I love some of the intense patterns you get from a sabino.

ohmt thank you for confirming that she is not a medicine hat! My neighbour keeps saying she is but I thought the spot was a little wonky to be classified as one :p

When you get that much white with Tobiano,Splash is almost always in the mix as well. White ears are also a Splash thing. No other pattern likes to put white on the ears. What color are the spots on her lower legs? If they are black then she is definitely a bay.

I do agree, BAY! I suspect from the forehead color, but the ear = confirmation
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back