A few months have passed --only foal for us stillborn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
For those that had seen my posts this past spring about expecting our one and only foal, she was stillborn. I wasn't going to post anything but since I've seen a few of you at shows and you asked, I thought I'd post. I had a hard time looking at any of the new foal pictures for a while but it's getting better now. I wasn't as sad as I was angry, I guess. I suppose at our age it's all for the better that I don't have a real young one to wonder where she'd end up. I was really looking forward to showing at Nationals though.

The cross between our stallion ( now gelding) in the avatar and my bestest show mare Mandalay (bay pinto) was a filly, grey looking when born and no obivous pinto spots.downsized950422120856.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy losing a foal. I hope your mare is doing well. HUGS to you and your family!

I am so sorry you have lost your only foal for this year, it is so sad and I understand your anger at your precious foal did not have her chance. Hugs and hope for better days for you.

I am so sorry.. and i understand that you not only lost the foal, but you also lost the dreams you had for that foal. That is hard.

so sorry, but please be comforted in ghe thought that several of us have walked in your shoes. Not that it makes it any easier, sorry!

I am so sorry. When one breeds, one has to realize that they all do not live. It will always be hard when you loose a foal, but know that in the future, many will live. Don't give up on your dream, next year could be a better year.

So very sorry that you lost both your sweet baby and your future dreams for her.

Hope your mare is ok.

((((HUGS))))

I'm so sorry
default_sad.png
{{{{HUGS}}}}

my heart goes out to you.I lost my only foal in 2010 full term foal very heartbroken, she was a very nice sorrel pinto filly. God bless me this year with two nice fillies.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back