A Beautiful Guest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
My boyfriend called me a little bit ago and told me to look out of our kitchen window and there was a gorgeous and huge Bald Eagle in the tree in my horse pasture. These are the closest pictures I could take of it without scaring it away but it did take off right after I got the first picture and broke the branch it was sitting on during takeoff!

Eagle001.jpg

Eagle002.jpg

I saw one this past Friday. I was absalutely amazed. Watched it for about 10 minutes and wished I had a camera. The only thing I can say, which I am sure you can relate to , is that I felt very privelaged to have seen one in person in its natural environment. VERY COOL.

This is one of my favorite parts of living out in the boonies! It even tops the night when we woke up to our dogs barking and watched a coyote running and yipping back and forth through our driveway chasing a rabbit and being followed by a rottweiler, beagle and some big hairy dog! This is the second time I have seen an eagle on our property and pretty much the same tree, most likely the same bird too, but last time I was driving home and it flew right over my car as I drove by and of course it didnt stick around for me to find a camera that time.

Beautiful, we get them all the time in the fields and open tree's around here, there is a next just down the road from us
default_smile.png

Thank you for sharing
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Now that is just too cool! I would be honored to see one in it's natural habitat. We have eagles here, but mainly golden eagles. I have yet to see a bald eagle in the wild.

Before I retired, my road to work went over a river. One beautiful summer morning, just as I approached the bridge rise, I saw an eagle gliding over the river. I slowed down, and as I came to the crest of the bridge, he soared over the handrails, and flew right over my hood, about 10 feet from my car. I had to pull over and stop until I could get myself back together. It was totally awesome. They are incredible!

Thanks for sharing!!

Nice pics! We get them here, too....but I have a Raven family that nests nearby (used to have Red Tails) and the Baldies seem to stick further up on the hillsides. I am not that lucky to get good photos of them.

I think there may be a new nest of them coming in to explore as I see them perching around the tree tops. Hopefully the kitties realize the danger (we only have two anymore)....and will stay IN the barn!

Thanks for sharing....

Liz

Latest posts

Back