2011 Convention

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jah97071

Reaction score
Even though it is a year off I want to invite all of you to come to Portland, Oregon in 2011.

Portland has a major airport and a wonderful mass transit system making getting around cheap and easy. There are some great restaurants and shopping (Lloyd Center, Washington Square, Pearl District, Clackamas Center and Woodburn Company Stores). Mt. Hood and snow is an hour's drive east and the beach is only 2 hours west of Portland with pony/mini farms scattered close by.

Is your appetite for a visit to Portland wet yet?

Sounds like there will also be lots of important business conducted during the meetings as well!

Hope to see lots of you in Portland in 2011!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to Convention every year and it will be nice to just be a few hours drive away instead of half a country away

Mark and Sharon said you simply get off the plane and get on a 3 buck or so train which takes you right to the hotel doors cant ask for easier then that :)

Sounds like Portland's the "hostess with the mostest" for 2011 -- the ADS Convention will also be in Portland (October).

Portland really is a great city -- friendly small town atmosphere, great lightrail transportation, gorgeous setting. And if you love books, Powells Books is arguably the greatest new/used bookstore in the world (a full city block and more).

We'll have to plan a Li'l Beginnings pizza party like we did with the AMHA convention a few years back.

I forgot about Powells Bookstore. Even if you aren't a reader, this is a place you have to just see to believe.

For those that might want to make this into a vacation with kids there is plenty for kids to see and do -- Oregon Zoo, Children's Museum, Jet Boat Scenic Tour of Willamette River, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) and the World Forestry Center.

There is also a HUGE Christmas Bazaar at the Oregon Convention Center the same weekend as convention every year.

The great thing for visitors is that you can get on MAX light rail or Tri-Met in front of the hotel and get dropped off practically in front of any of these places.

I will definately be there. LETS PARTY, I mean "get business done for the good of the organization"

jah97071...you are sure making me MISS home!!
default_sad.png
It has only been a few months since I left Portland, but I sure miss the Portland metro area!! I really wanted to go to the 2009 Convention when it was in Florida, but missed it since we were pretty broke back then, then this year we missed the convention cuz we moved to Florida (lol)and were broke again...well, next year I AM going to convention cuz that is my home and its an excuse to visit my friends and family along with seeing my horsey friends and making new friends at convention!! Can't wait!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back