Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kris3782

Help! Is my rescue mini pregnant?

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

I'll venture to guess she is just filling out after having been in poor shape, she's looking good now.

Not always, but usually, pregnant mares will be lopsided when viewed from behind; she doesn't even stick out past her hips, so either she isn't pregnant or isn't far enough along to show.

Previous pregnancies (sometimes they continue to have fluid in their udder), hormones, and there are a couple other reasons that have escaped my memory.

Hi Kris3782 IF there are no other symptoms (or problems) that you know of with your mare then I wouldn't worry about it. If you just have a something's not right feeling please discuss it with your Vet asap. As mentioned above hormones can cause it, I know cysts on the ovaries can cause it as well as being a sign of Cushings. Otherwise, in a healthy mare old timers call it "witches milk" ...no worries about it, your mare will be fine. If you do decide to have the Vet examine her please keep us up to date.

I am saying DITTO to what Chanda posted.....ALL of her posts.

I agree with everyones comments, just wanted to say that you have done a wonderful job with her , you should be very proud and I am sure she is forever greatful :)

Just wanted to add to what others have said.......You have done a WONDERFUL job bringing your little rescue girl back. KUDDOS.