Normal birth after breech birth?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bailey has a definite drop in her belly... I am hoping this means I will have a baby by the end of the weekend... Or sooner.

The darker photo was last night, the daylight pic was a couple of weeks ago.

And thank you all for your condolences.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ill second that, looking very promising
default_smile.png

How is her udder looking ,any tail resistance ?

Udder is much fuller, tail resistance is "eh"

She has waxing on her udder again. I'm thinking its a Friday baby.
default_pray.gif

I hope so. And lots of pics would be a plus.

When I check my girls tail she holds tight. Then I check another that's due way later and she's loosy Goosy. So puzzling :-\

Friday sounds like a perfect day to me! Gives you the whole weekend to enjoy a new baby..... and sleep!!!

Ugh... Friday came and went. Watching her tonight pretty closely. She seems uncomfortable, but not in labor. Maybe tomorrow, or the next day, or...

Udder pics included... What do you all think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Baby forward of center, udder nicely developed, so it's just a matter of her choosing the time to see that little one. Without seeing her elongation, I'd be watching her extremely closely, as she could go quickly. Watch for personality changes, rolling baby into position even more, yawning, butt pushing, cow patties.... the whole gambit. And watch for vulva color changes. Right now it's just a matter of time.... she could go quickly or hold out a bit.

Just part of these frustrating mares, but she's looking just perfect and in good condition to go!

Ok, I'm starting to feel really sorry for this little mare. I guess that's good, I was mad at her for making me wait, but this just looks uncomfortable!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

She certainly looks as though she could foal any time now - perhaps she already has?? I wouldn't leave her alone for a second if it was me. Good luck and safe foaling.
default_yes.gif

Yup, this is a 'don't leave for a minute' mare. Happy foaling and praying for a safe and uneventful foaling!

Yup, she is getting very regular visits from me. Still no baby, still very miserable looking and she was down A LOT last night.

Our last mare that foaled was laying out flat every time I checked on her. Something she had not been doing. She foaled the next night. Our first mare layed down more than normal the night before she foaled. She actually foaled at 11 am that morning.

Latest posts

Back