Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hug for Mrs Nest
default_smile.png

Your girls are looking great but we need more farm photos ;)

Foal bellies look promising as well!

All beautiful and look in foal to me. Love the farm pics. I'll be watching the progress of your lovely girls and hugs to Mrs. Nest

Mrs Nest is a lot better this morning - nowhere near right, but improved. She got upstairs by herself last night, naughty girl, and I made her a big comfy bed on the floor beside me (over a hot water pipe) so she wouldn't try to get on the bed in the night. I also shut the bedroom door to stop her disappearing without me knowing, much to the disgust of the cats who kept waking me with their indignant scratching to get in LOL!! But this morning I was able to pick her up to get her back downstairs without her objecting and once down she hopped out via the cat flap before I could get the door open, so I think I will just follow the plan of letting her do her own thing and trust that she wont do anything stupid!

Diane, Vee is a great favourite with us, such a nice, easy to deal with little girl, dont you just love the easy ones!
default_yes.gif
Which is why we are laughing now instead of being cross with her when she aims a determind kick at anyone trying to even take a peek at her privates. LOL!! We got her as a scrawny yearling and no, she is no relation to Ansel and has had 3 fillies by Ansel, Mootie and Dragon - this foal is another Dragon one, so a colt would be welcome. (after covering all the other HUGE mares last year, Dragon breathed a sigh of relief at the sight (size) of Vee, announced "stand aside, I can do this one on my own", and hopped up quickly to do the deed, when he dismounted he paused with a big sigh as if to say, phew, that was more like it.!!

HAHA Anna, you tell such great stories! poor Dragon! so can we see a pic of her last foal with Dragon? please to see what we could get this time??

I think they all look GORGEOUS and all in foal! well I hope they are anyway
default_smile.png

Your ladies are all looking super Anna. Cant wait to see your babies arrive. It is of course getting to the time in the pregnancy where time seems to stand still. Well thats how I feel anyway LOL You wait and you wait and you wait and then when they foal time seems to go by so quickly and before you know it the foals you waited so long for are 6 mths old LOL.

You will have to keep us posted with LOTS of photos over the coming wks.

So very true Karina, which is why I'm hoping to make this topic a general chatty/picture one to help while away the time!!

Couple of pics for you to smile at folks. Mrs Nest helping Hamish during a family evening playing cards. And how she likes to spend her nights - note my labradoodle M asleep on her pillow - I of course am supposed to squeeze inbeteen the pair of them. LOL!!

Feb 12 044.jpg

Feb 12 045.jpg

Oh what sweet photos.

I especially like the one with her loving Hamish....what a sweet expression.

Gosh, I hope that a BIG bed....doesn't look like there is much room for you to squeeze in and get a good night's sleep.

I suppose if you moved to the guest room to sleep they'd just follow along to whatever bed you choose?

Awww Bless Mrs. Nest!

Love all your photos and can't wait to see all the babies!

Diane, you may well be wrong, sorry. Message from Cathy this evening - it seems that Nutty may well be in season again. Will have to check her dates to see if our suspicions from the last time she did this, fall in line with this 'session'. She only did it for about 20 minutes and then forgot about it and went to annoy Cathy instead!! Cathy was busy constructing the new foaling pens and Nutty wanted to help. Poor Cathy had Nutty knocking over the hurdles, walking between them and getting stuck - she doesn't have a reverse gear - poking her nose everywhere it wasn't wanted and generally being a pest. Cathy said that every time she turned round she walked into Nutty and several times when turning with a hurdle in her hands she actually collided with her! Not that Nutty cared LOL!! Nutty is actually blind in her left eye so collisions between her and silly unthinking humans are a daily part of her life - she never collides with normal stationary objects! In the end Cathy took a pause to look at her handywork and to plan her next move and Nutty moved over to stand pressed up against her, so Cathy was forced to put her arm over Nutty's neck and they stood there for a good few minutes quietly, until Nutty obviously decided that the fun work was over and wandered off out of the barn to go and annoy the others in the field!! Bless her!!

Cathy is hoping to get 3 16x12 foot and 3 14x12 foot pens down one side of the barn space allocated to her plus one 12x12 for little Vee. Then she has the 30 foot width of the centre 'corridor' where she will park the horse box for night watching. The other side of her 'area' of corridor has 4 30foot cattle pens down it and it three of these that she is using at the moment for Prue and the 'fatties' for their 'in' times away from the grass. The end 30 foot has its outer door open so those out in the field can take shelter when they want or just wander in to be nosy!!

Cassie I do have a pic somewhere of Vee's Dragon foal, but I cant seem to find it!! Will keep looking.
default_yes.gif

oh I sooo hope Nutty is pregnant Anna!!! I guess time will tell. She sure looks preggers LOL

naww I can so imagine her doing that, Suzie is exactly the same, her and Smartie are in the BIG 15 acre paddock at the moment and I was out letting Kingston out and Suzie stopped eating that gorgeous grass and came and stood right by me, while I gave her little scratches all over
default_smile.png
I just love the snuggly ones!! lol

Mrs Nest is looking really good HAHA I can so imagine you trying to sneak into bed with your two sleeping dogs legs sprawled out making it a tight squeeze for you LOL,

thats fine, would love to see the pics but if you can't find them thats ok
default_smile.png
have a nice evening
default_smile.png

Nutty sounds like such a character. She'd fit in around here
default_new_rofl.gif

Just got back from visiting Cathy and the girls. Spent some time doing the ring test on the girls, first I used my wedding ring and then a nail - absolutely nothing, ziltch, not even a small swing in any direction LOL!! It has always worked for me before, so does this mean that the three I'm sure are in foal are having false pregnancies and the other four are not in foal anyway - one of those produced large kick movements in front of two onlookers yesterday evening!! And I was so hoping to get an idea of colt or filly!!

Anyway here are today's pictures of Narcotics - she will be 300 days on 23rd June (taken from the middle of her covering dates) so exactly two weeks now from her to be over the 'hump' for a healthy baby, but I cant see her going to 'term' can you?

june 12 012.jpg

june 12 014.jpg

june 12 011.jpg

june 12 010.jpg

One of Nutty and Narcotics sharing Momma and daughter scratches. And a baby moo born last night!

june 12 015.jpg

june 12 006.jpg

Great pics Anna, your place is breath taking! I am so glad that Mre Nest is feeling better
default_smile.png

Britt flirted and peed at Eagle a month before she foaled, like Diane said it is probably her hormones
default_smile.png
they look very preggo to me
default_smile.png

Beauty flirts all the time
default_frusty.gif
Makes it really annoying to know if she is in foal or not!

Last year Rivain got really hormonal near the end of her pregnancy but the foal bellie was enough to convince me she was still in foal. These girls just love to mess with us
default_thumbdown.gif

hmmm, she is very interesting, but she may do like the others this year and start to bag up real early then pause everything until she is ready... Odette certainly did that LOL

oh your baby moo is just gorgeous! what breed is he/ she? I can't wait till calving season starts again for us here, especially as I won't be having a little foal baby
default_sad.png
good luck with the rest of the calving and I hope you little miss mumma's are good girls and hold on for the full amount of time...
default_smile.png

Sometimes I miss hand rearing calves.. they are so cute! Then I remember how insane my two made me
default_new_rofl.gif

Ditto to you Renee and to everyone.
default_yes.gif

Busy here today as it's Cathy's 'day' here, so lots of jobs to get squashed into the day - things that I need a hand with. Later this week Hamish will be back from Sussex for some sort of concert locally, not sure how long he will be home - depends upon the work down in Sussex - but if I can tear him away from his girlfriend I shall be putting him to work. LOL!! On the other hand I have just realised that the peace and quiet that I enjoy so much, will be shattered from the moment he opens the door and whirls through the house trailing all his belongings behind him - why do men never 'pick up'?? LOL!! Not to mention the fact that he will also want to eat and as he is well over 6' he EATS!! Guess a trip to the great metropolis of Carmarthen for supplies will be on the cards Monday or Tuesday! UGH!!

Latest posts

Back