Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your comment about him eating just has me laughing!!! My daughter, Katy, is the shortest in my family of children, and she's about 6'1". So, that said, you know my boys are definitely over that! I remember as teenagers, each of my boys drank at LEAST 1 gallon of milk and ate a long loaf of bread and a whole box of cereral at breakfast every day. And they were STILL thin kids! People used to laugh at me at the grocery pulling 2 full carts to the cash register. I had the biggest refrigerator I could buy just to TRY to keep my kids "in food" !!
default_yes.gif

Have a good day ladies....and don't work too hard today, Anna!!
oh how funny Diane, I can remember those days and I just had girls.

Ditto on the great day everyone and the not working too hard, Anna.

Sometimes I miss hand rearing calves.. they are so cute! Then I remember how insane my two made me
default_new_rofl.gif
haha I'm the same Bree
default_smile.png
but just having the little ones around is good enough for me
default_smile.png
especially now that my hand raised girl Kia is at calving age and is producing really nice babies
default_smile.png
makes it exciting to see what she produces each year
default_smile.png

hope you got lots of jobs done anna, and that hamish doesn't eat you out of house and home, with three younger brothers I know how that goes, when mum n dad were away the boys were drinking a 4 litre bottle of milk a day
default_frusty.gif
lol and of course half a can of milo with that
default_thud.gif

hey Diane, are you going to set up your own thread soon? did you just have 2 foaling this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we are making progress! Cathy has been building her new pens for the girls down one side of the barn - 3 at 16x12 foot, 3 at 14x12 foot and one at 12x12 for little Vee - this wll be alongside Narcotics pen and out into the centre corridor, making an L shape, so that the two friends can be next to each other, although as the 'walls' of the pens are being made out of gates and sheep hurdles, they will all be able to see each other down the line. She is now working on boarding the bottom of the 'walls' to keep the foals safe from any gaps in the gates/hurdles. And today she got the men to use their 'chopping' machine to chop up one of those huge straw bales (10x4x4 foot) and to shoot it out of the other end of the machine straight into the first three pens - this will form the 'base' to the deep litter system that we use and will save her hours on manually shaking up straw!! Once the mares are in the pens she will be putting daily fresh straw down on this base, having picked up all their droppings.

Pics are of the first pens a couple of days ago with some of the boarding ready for inclusion - oh and one of naughty Nutty (of course) watching the goings on from the cow pens on the other side of the centre corridor - this is the one that has the outside door open so that they can free use it direct from the field - our version of a run in pen!

AND Cathy reports that tonight Narcotics udder has doubled in size after the day OUTSIDE!! Too soon, too soon. Actually Cathy has her at 300 days this coming weekend, taking it from the first day of covering, whereas I say the following weekend, taking it from the end of her covering. Where do you all count your days from??

Sorry folks - pics on the next post!! Keep forgetting to post using the 'more reply option' LOL!!

Sounds busy! I love the 'lead up to foaling' activity
default_smile.png

I count my days from the first covering, just helps keep track of the earliest possible due dates.

Looking forward to pics!

I also forget to hit more reply options, but after you have typed out your reply you can hit more reply options and it will copy all the text over and you can still add pics.

naw!!! YAY for new babies for Anna soon!! I'm so excited to see what your gorgeous girls give you this year Anna!!!! :D

Thats fine Diane, well I hope your old girl, is cooking something real special in there for you
default_smile.png
:) how many are you Hoping to put in the for next year?? :D

My fingers are crossed Diane.. you know if you don't have room for Spotty you can just giftwrap him and send him over
default_whistling.gif
:whistling

LOL!! Bree - or he could come here, not so far to travel!! (thanks for the tip about posting too - great!!)

Great plans Diane - I really hope it all works out for you.
default_yes.gif

Cassie, how is the progress coming along with your 'skin' problems? You haven't mentioned it lately and I was hoping that things are improving for you??

I am excited to see Anna's foals for this year!
default_aktion033.gif
Yay!

Diane- I sent you a PM about color
default_yes.gif
I hope everything works out for you! How is Volt looking these days? I see him in the magazines on the breeders advertisement and point him out to hubby every time lol

I need to send in that photo of Ricky to the get them to publish it
default_pray.gif

Just had a look at your girls Anna all very nice and very round... looking forward to seeing what they have
default_luck.gif

Thanks Raine - you are so polite!! Everyone here knows that my girls are FAT. LOL!! They certainly 'blew up' some more since being over at daughter's farm for foaling, the 'cow' grass there doesn't really agree with them. Unlike here, where we have 'old' pasture that is full of herbs etc. Mind you i must say that, where two weeks ago I was madly moving the herd from field to field trying to offer them a bite of 'new' grass, in the last couple of days the grass has arrived and now I have too much!! So I have already had to shut off one field and the herd are using another plus the 25 ares of the dell fields in the hope they will keep the grass down - they are happy little bunnies! LOL!!

Apart fom Narcotics - who's udder continues to increase - the other girls at Cathys ALL seem to be doing something in that direction. They all have milk glands - but that could be coz they are fat! - but have also started to get what I call 'hard' lines in the actual udders, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Whether Nutty is in foal or not I'm still not sure, but she loves having Cathy check her udder, lifting her back leg so far up to help that she almost falls over - must try to get a picture when I go visiting tomorrow!

There has been some really bad flooding in North Wales due to all the sudden recent rain, and there are now flood warnings out for the South with the next lot of bad weather expected from tomorrow. We are quite safe here as we are so high up, but Hamish and girl friend Jazz are off tomorrow down to the South coast to a 4 day festival, armed with a tent and supplies - must remind them to take their Wellie boots. LOL!! Rather them than me!!

More news tomorrow after my visit.
default_yes.gif

Since most of my girls 'put up with' udder checks I HAVE to see a picture of Nutty helping out!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Anna that we HAVE to see!! lol hilarious.

Diane I am SO sorry that you had a bad year with your little babies
default_sad.png

Thank you Anna, my hands are improving. Last day at the vets week after next. sorta up in the air with everything at the moment but I'll get it sorted. Thanks for asking
default_smile.png

oh and I know what you mean about the rain!!! my paddocks are absoloute mud! ponies are mud! my clothes are mud! (after I'm out with the horses lol)
default_sad.png
hope the weather clears up for you over there!

Not everyone would agree with you LOL I like a mare with a good booty on her..
default_thumbup.gif
please send me some rain..

Im ready and waiting .. but i wont want it when it comes!! too muddy all the dust turns to slush..
default_thumbdown.gif
lol

And a very handsome little colt he is too Diane!! MANY CONGRATULATIONS to you, his new Momma, Daddy and little big sister!!

default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_firstprize.gif
:FirstPrize
default_firstprize.gif
default_hypocrite.gif

awwwe! precious of the human kind
default_smile.png