4 Mares due April - May

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks buckskin to me and 100% gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your story we just love everything about foaling
default_smile.png

She looks buckskin to me and 100% gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your story we just love everything about foaling
default_smile.png
Yeah, I'm thinking silver buckskin (you probably can't see that in her mane and tail). Going to have to wait and see when she sheds out. I took one more photo. I think she will mature out to 29-30".

heidi8.JPG

Oh many congratulations and well done Heidi!! What a gorgeous little filly.
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Wooohooooooo!!!
default_thumbup.gif
congrats on a gorgeous buckskin filly!! I am so happy all is well and the delivery was smooth and text book perfect
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

It's so crazy to be happy about a foal and then get right back to foal watch. I am so grateful to my boarder and my hunter trainer for taking over last night and letting me get a whole night of solid sleep. Sure felt nice! Now it's back to the cameras.......At this rate I am going to have another 2-3 weeks of this. Whatever it takes for a healthy foal, right?!? Thanks everyone for the congrats!

Well, haven't logged on in a while because I am a walking zombie! Seems like my other mares due this month are going to go the long route and hold on till the last day. We're nearing 340 days and still nothing. I'm up every half hour all night long and then working during the day. I'm starting to get a little tired, lol. Hope everyone else is having super successful foaling!

Ok guys I was just thinking about my mare Charlotte who is due now (actually due April 21 if you use 320 days) I have been testing her milk since the beginning of March! Time has gotten away from me and I just realized this. I thought they bagged up no more than 6 weeks before foaling. Anyone ever have it go longer?

My mares only get milk when they are close to foaling unless it is the older mares and they seem to have a little all year round even when they aren't pregnant. Can we have some pics of this girl?

Ok, here are some pictures of Charlotte. Please excuse the fact that I hadn't washed her first. She is very loose behind, with her whole back end looking like cellulite, lol. She's been scratching her booty for the last 3-4 weeks so you can see where she is a bit raw. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but she actually hangs open a bit at the bottom of her hoohaa
default_smile.png
. Her teets are far from full, but she has had them this size since March and I just thought they weren't supposed to have any bagging up more than 6 weeks out. She's easily milked, but I don't like to do it so I don't make them any bigger with activity. Any thoughts? She was bred June 7, 2011. Oh, and the last week or so her legs keep buckling out from under her.

charlotte2.JPG

charlotte3.JPG

charlotte4.JPG

Dont think it will help you but my maiden has been bagged for exactly 6 weeks and it still looks like we have aways to go
default_no.gif

Wow her hooha is huge and your girl seems to be doing the same thing as one of ours- Everything looks ready except the udder. I swear our one mare the baby is just going to fall out because her hooha is so long and swollen but I can not get one drop out of her udder and its about half the size of our other term mare and they are 344 and 345 days along. Your girl is so pretty!! I love that mane! Fingers crossed that she foals soon and all goes well!

I would think you will have a baby very soon, she is looking good to go to me
default_smile.png

WOW! That mane and tail- amazing!

I'm a newbie to all this, but she definitely looks like she is very close to me!

Wow her hooha is huge and your girl seems to be doing the same thing as one of ours- Everything looks ready except the udder. I swear our one mare the baby is just going to fall out because her hooha is so long and swollen but I can not get one drop out of her udder and its about half the size of our other term mare and they are 344 and 345 days along. Your girl is so pretty!! I love that mane! Fingers crossed that she foals soon and all goes well!
My last two mares I couldn't get one drop of milk out of either and both, within a couple hours of bringing in for the night, were dripping milk and foaled shortly after. Seems like maiden mares don't like to give milk. Are yours maidens? Although my little Becky won't let me get her milk either. I'll bet you're as sleepy as I am with all this baby stuff going on, will be nice to get a full nights sleep when it's done.
default_smile.png

She's looking REALLY good! It looks like baby is pretty much in position, and sitting low and forward -- just where we like to see them. Her hooha will be doing a bit of swelling, and the hanging open is fine -- many mares do it as they near foaling. Remember, she can fill her nipples right at or after foaling -- so she may not completely fill before she foals. It's nice if they do -- but some don't.

What color is the milk? Is it really sticky? And inside -- is it really dark red? When she's very near foaling, her milk (might not be white) will be really sticky, and her vulva will become very dark red. You might see some swelling as baby's feet and head start putting pressure on her bum, and you'll know the time is really short.

She's looking GREAT!!!! You'll have a baby soon!

Love that mane~~~~~!!!!
The milk is a yellow color and very sticky. I've tested her ph and it's about 7.8, but her last foal she never dropped in ph, so I don't know that I am relying on that at all this year. Her bum is pretty swollen compared to normal, but the vulva is still pink. She does have a great mane, that's for sure!

Ok, now my fourth and final mare has developed udders. I don't have enough stalls to put them all on camera, so I sure hope Charlotte gets it done tonight! My trainer here at the farm says she is sure Charlotte will foal tonight because of how much she is scratching her booty, lol. When I took her out of the stall this morning I counldn't believe how much smaller she looked to me. Maybe the baby is getting ready
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back