4 Mares due April - May

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many congratulations on your beautiful new baby boy and well done you!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

That must have been so scarey for you - cant believe the response from that so called vet!! Dont forget to call our wonderful Diane if you need help, or even just moral support, in the future.
default_yes.gif

Praying that your other girls will all have easy straightforward foalings -when are they due?

Oh and more pics of your big boy when you have a minute please!!

Congratulations and well done for handling it so well. Those moments can be really scary.
bighug.gif

Titus is gorgeous.
default_thumbup.gif

All I can say is : I bow down to all the fantastic, informed people on here! I have also been so concerned with my mare but these wonderful ladies keep me controlled and very informed so that I don't feel so anxious. Must say, my mare looked big too until I saw CAstleRocks pics... WOW, lol

All I can say is : I bow down to all the fantastic, informed people on here! I have also been so concerned with my mare but these wonderful ladies keep me controlled and very informed so that I don't feel so anxious. Must say, my mare looked big too until I saw CAstleRocks pics... WOW, lol
I totally agree with all of that!

Here are a couple more pics of Titus, he is friendly. You'll have to completely ignore me in the pics, I just wanted to show how sweet he is and I haven't gotten any sleep in a couple months now, lol. Oh, and I couldn't turn them around either which is going to make it hard for you to turn your computer
default_frusty.gif

He seems to be doing well but last night he kind of scared me again and I kept thinking "I don't want to call that same vet!" He was rolling a bunch and kept pulling his front feet up to his chest and he had an elevated respiration. I watched him for about 30 minutes and was about to call when he pooped. That seemed to stop the rolling. I know minis have issues and when they are laying on their backs with their feet up it could be serious (and that's some of what he was doing), but he seemed fine after popping and is good today. I watched him all night and he took a nice long nap after the pooping and is running in the grass today. Any thoughts on that? Just never saw a foal roll so much before......

I'll post pics of my next mare due, Becky. Her due date is May 30 (320 days), she has small udders (has had them for the last 4 weeks or so). I'm watching her, but not too concerned yet.

titus25.JPG

titus27.JPG

titus29.JPG

titus31.JPG

Oh he's gorgeous Mellissa and the pictures are brilliant.
default_yes.gif

So glad he got over his little 'incident', I'm sure he will be fine now!

As Diane said an enema will help kick start things without them having to strain. I am so glad all went well.
default_yes.gif

Yes, sometimes it's hard for the babies to pass the meconium. As a preventive here, I always give an enema to the babies, just to help pass that sticky mess out! Occassionally, a second one is needed (always seems to be on the colts),
It's ALWAYS the colts
default_new_rofl.gif
Longest pregnancy, most likely to have poop problems!

Yes, sometimes it's hard for the babies to pass the meconium. As a preventive here, I always give an enema to the babies, just to help pass that sticky mess out! Occassionally, a second one is needed (always seems to be on the colts), but that meconium is a hard thing to get out. An enema makes it easy and encourages all of it to exit at once. Once the meconium is all gone, that will ususally end any more discomfort for the little ones, and they get down to going naturally. I'll bet he was just in pain, as you know how being constipated can feel, and trying to get the sticky mess out really can be hard. So glad he's doing well!!! He's such a cutie -- and I love the picture with you in it. It's so good for him to feel very comfortable around you, and just spending time usually does the trick!! Congratulations again!!
default_thumbup.gif
Can't wait for the pictures of your next girl!!!!
I guess I just never thought it took longer than a day to get that all out. I usually do enemas, but I only had an adult one on hand and that was too big. He seemed good today running around his pasture. His back legs are weak and wobbly, but that will get better I'm sure. They are just so stinkin long! Ok, here's a picture of Becky. She is 300 days today.

becky10.jpg

becky11.JPG

he is so cute! glad to hear he is doing well
default_smile.png

WOW Becky looks set to pop! she is huge
default_smile.png
hehe gorgeous mumma
default_smile.png
the first pic is a little hard to see, but her bag looks a pretty good size
default_smile.png

Back