Who still has foals or minis for sale?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had one foal this year and was going to keep her but just recently

decided to sell her. I've only had two inquiries and both were from spammers!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Hi we have sold a number of horses this year. I got $1000 each for 2 mini colts, got $2500 for a modern shetland mare, got $500 for a 22 year old arabian mare, traded a yearling breeding stock paint colt for a 3 year old arabian mare, got 2 horses for a 5 year old arabian mare and I get her 2nd filly, and traded a 3 year old arabian mare for a gorgeous 2006 AMHR filly. All the horses have great homes.

I've sold four horses this year, two mares a stallion and a stud colt that went with his dam,I did get the price I wanted. I would like to sell a couple more due to all the remodeling we are doing just to keep me balanced with time and money however.

I have two non-breeding mares that I have been trying to sell at a give away price and no one wants them. Is $500 too much for two (as in the pair) non breeding mares? I have A LOT more in them. GEESH!

Fran
Wow, if we weren't so far away i'd totally jump on that pair. Hmm...

Wow, those are TERRIBLE prices in some areas!! Here for a good broke QH- with papers, you will probably still pay at least a couple of thousand and up.... depending. You can find foals for around a thousand or so but it looks like the average horse in the paper here is about $2500 to $3000.00- many higher. These are full sized horses though, not including Minis.
The prices I have found in So Cal and AZ are much higher then a huge portion of the rest of the country. In So Cal it isnt difficult to get 1500+ for a PET quality horse.

I have sold all I had to sell but.... just added a few more to my sales page. I am not in a huge hurry to sell them though so we will see what happens thru the winter

This year we sold a QH mare, a mini mare, a mini stallion, and I leased my Arab. We got what we wanted for all of them: GOOD HOMES! :aktion033: Since we're thrilled and the buyers are thrilled, I'd say we hit a happy medium on price. Just this week I put another stallion up, but I don't expect any big bites going into winter.

Oops, forgot about a mare and foal combo that I sold earlier this year.
default_wacko.png
:

Robin

Hello,

We lower our prices of our big apha paints horse no luck here in mississippi.

we have a homozygous black and white mare breed to a champion for 2007 stud is a palomino and white tobiano.She is broke to ride and knows the barrel pattern.

We also have her 2005 homozygous stud colt, who is apha register, he is very sweet stud(children can handle him).

We also have her 2006 filly, who is a tobiano filly will one blue eye and one brown eye, she is apha register as well. She loves children too.

We are selling all the big horses,but two to focus on the minis.

We also have a 2006 mini filly, amha register for sale.

We would consider trades for them for good amha minis mares or fillies.Also good homes is a must.

take care,

melissa

I sold Knight Star three times, lowered his price for the right people and he's still here.

The first people in NC backed out due to illness of their little girl.

The second people, well I backed out due to deposit check wouldn't clear the bank twice.

The third people I was very excited about with great references found a solid colt they liked better.

I wish I was able to place him before winter but everything happens for a reason.

I get hits on him all the time but it's scammers or window shoppers.

I do not have a thing for sale at this time. This past year, I sent seven (7) adult minis on to new homes. I got what I was asking for in each case except for one, where I did negotiate a little. I was happy with all seven of the transactions though
default_yes.gif
: I may have had them priced a little low, as they all sold FAST, but I priced them at what I felt were fair prices and actually way more than what I paid, but then also way less than what I actually had into them (you know how that can go...).

i kept our only filly born this year and just had a colt born. I did sell a gelding this year with no problem and I may put one mare up for sale havent decided yet. Since its so late in the year I am not going to push selling him. I think i may keep him and have a kick butt under show gelding next year! Ive never gotten to keep a colt that we bred to show as a gelding because they always sell. Soooo if hes not sold by spring ill finally have my show guy so im happy either way
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt]I only had two babies this year , one ASPC colt that is now a gelding that is for sale but I will gladly show next year if he doesent sell. The AMHA AMHR colt was sold at a week old. I should sell a few of my show horses because my knee is really being disgusting.... very hard to do chores and will be next to impossible to show much unless I have the surgery which I just dont have time for till maybe Jan or Feb.... may need a total knee replacement not just an acl repair.... Anyway. I got 1000 for Drummer, would take 750 for Redi to a youth show home..... trying to get a great pic of him.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
I had originally price this bay splash overo colt at $2500 but after coming to the conclusion that I need to move some horses I have cut his price into half. I think he's worth much more, but I simply cannot keep them all!

truth.jpg

This black tovero filly is a granddaughter of my senior stallion, and out of one of my most cherished mares. I paid to breed her dam to a National top 4 sire and I waited many years to do this cross. I have her priced at $2500 and it won't hurt my feelings if she doesn't sell! She's just a doll!

envy2.jpg

I sold this black filly for a reasonable price....she has a darling typey head with big expressive eyes. Her new owner will be tickled with her. She is my best halter training student right now.

storm.jpg

That is my entire foal crop for this year besides the costly dwarf that I got from an outside breeding to a Reserve National Champion.

hey i have 2 for sale yet leapard app and a dapple chestnut showed them a bit this spring but have not advertised them so i guess nobody knows they are for sale hehe, guess you have to advertise them if you want to sale them the pocket book says sell the heart says no we.ll find a use for two more geldings (as of Wed) and i have a full brother ( 2006 foal to the dapple) thinking what a nice team yikes oh well I guess i have to get on the stick and get something done . can't keep them all need room in the barn but can maybe get it together mine all come in everynite and have their own place to rest and relax lots of shoveling hehe but i don't mind most days

I still have foals for sale.

This summer has been so chaotic that I did not get my foals listed until late, some sold right away and others are still here. For the most part my I do not get to nervous on mine, I usually have the space and I like to see how they mature.

HOWEVER, this year I have an extra 20+ head (plus colts) due to the loss of our uncle. I recently listed three stud colts up for sale for only $300 apiece as the extra head is putting a strain our already short hay supply (not to mention my husbands mood.
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) Not one bite.

Here are the three colt that I can't seem to give away.

highimage3.jpg

sorrelcolt4.jpg

rita5.jpg

We did sell almost all of our QH herd. The prices for my foals were less than I normally get ($500 average) but when some area breeders were selling their foals for $100 OR LESS I guess I can't complain.

We didn't have any of our foals for sale, so all 4 are still here. I'd just like to pass on something that worked for a friend of mine though.

She had her first foal crop--3 foals--this year, and wanted to sell all 3. She had 2 colts and 1 filly. She advertised in various papers--local papers, one big farm publication (in the Miniature horses section)--and was very discouraged when she got no inquiries at all. Then she went back to that farm paper & advertised her two colts in the "Pets" section. She got all sorts of calls from that ad, and both colts did sell. The amazing thing is that both went to horse people--one party actually has another Mini and the other has big horses and had been looking for a Mini for awhile. She got her prices too. I'm just amazed that horse people would see the ad in the Pets section, but never noticed it or never looked in the Miniature Horse section of the same paper. The filly also sold, through a classified ad in The Journal.

My friend said that the people that called in response to her ad in the Pet section were pretty much all looking for small Minis--she wouldn't have been able to sell taller ones that way.

I still have foals for sale.

This summer has been so chaotic that I did not get my foals listed until late, some sold right away and others are still here. For the most part my I do not get to nervous on mine, I usually have the space and I like to see how they mature.

HOWEVER, this year I have an extra 20+ head (plus colts) due to the loss of our uncle. I recently listed three stud colts up for sale for only $300 apiece as the extra head is putting a strain our already short hay supply (not to mention my husbands mood.
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) Not one bite.

Here are the three colt that I can't seem to give away.

highimage3.jpg

sorrelcolt4.jpg

rita5.jpg

We did sell almost all of our QH herd. The prices for my foals were less than I normally get ($500 average) but when some area breeders were selling their foals for $100 OR LESS I guess I can't complain.
Marlee,

Wow those are some fantastic looking colts. I bet they'd be gone in a heartbeat if it weren't for the drought in this part of the country causing a lack of hay. I have hay, but it'll be tight to get to next hay season (I have 1/3 really good bales and 2/3 that are only 1/2 edible, not moldy, just inedible). [We will be scraping by for the cows, but they have hay; we just won't have any left at the end of winter.]

The National sale at Ft Worth this year was pretty strong, there were 63 head sold for an average of 4,960.00.

The high selling horse ( 39,100.00)was the Stryker stallion that was owned by Jim Thompson who passed away this last year and was sold by his widow Peggy, the second high selling horse was a Buckeroo mare and foal ( I believe it was 23,000) and the third high selling horse was a yearling filly of ours out of our "Rio De Oro" stallion that brought 20,000.

As far as farm sales it has been pretty constant with several going into Europe and we only have a few left that I really want to hold on to for a few months to see what they develope into. For us our good horses have sold well and the pet quality babies were a little tougher to move, but all in all it has been good.

:saludando:

Well now I don't feel so bad. I thought maybe I had cooties or something.

I really hate resorting to the auction board because I really wanted to be fussy and place my horses in homes of my choosing so doing that wouldn't be an option for me.

Boy, if I have any more colts in 2007 I guess I'm screwed. :new_shocked:

one thing to keep in mind is most people who want a youth horse want it gelded FIRST. These buyers do not want to buy an intact colt and then have the hassle of gelding it. I always geld them here and then they sell very quickly. Really if you think about it how many ads say "would make a great youth or show gelding" yet they are still intact. If you really think they would make a great gelding then geld them!! I know a lot say they cant put that money into the horse but I think many would be suprised at how easily they get that money back by selling them as a gelding.

Latest posts

Back