Who is going to have the first 2009 foal this year???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have one coming in March for sure Ultra sounded in foal. Twilight Sentinel bred to Arlene Foulks stud Grahams Classic Entertainer. Hoping for a filly. This is the last outside breeding Arlene is doing with her stud.

Then we pasture bred Cassie and Pie to Filipowicz Just In Time and if took on first breeding will be due in March or April. This will be Cassie first foal and our studs first get. Then LuLu bred to Mack for a April foal and Sue bred to Ernie Lamdin stud Steel then in July if bred Grace and Charmie bred to Filipowicz Thats All Foulks (Taf) has sired two great foals. Looking forward to 2009 foal crop

I have one due in early May...but I think Holly's Bonny is going to be the first one!!! Though if it comes before Jan. 1st it will technically be the last one born in 2008!!!!LOL
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_laugh.png

I know mine won't go first
default_laugh.png
lol

I have one Vet Checked in Foal (Due: Late May - Early June)
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Then I have another whom I am unsure about (She's Getting bigger)
default_rolleyes.gif

who would be Due April or May if she is in Foal

Probably will not be the first one due but my first one is coming around Jan 12th. Counting down the days already as she is bred to the 2006 UNANIMOUS World Grand Champion Senior Stallion Sequoia's Majestic Mime. I wish mine was like Leeana's and tell me she was having a gorgeous black filly!! Colt would be great as well so I guess I am good either way.
default_laugh.png

Romance.png

Bred to: Sequoia's Majestic Mime

Mime10_07a.jpg

Thank you, Matt
love0034.gif

Destiny also spent some QT with Sweetie's paternal sister who is also a perlino pinto BTU granddaughter
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
So we have a similar bun in the oven for April
love0075.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF), a/k/a “Destiny”[/SIZE]2004 33” AMHR / AMHA smoky silver black stallion – co-owned with Erica Killion

National Champion (halter) / National Grand Champion (driving) / Halter Hall of Fame

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

Destiny%205.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Double Dipped, a/k/a “Double”[/SIZE]

2004 32” AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare – Bandito Daughter / BTU Granddaughter - Sibling to Many National Champions

In foal to “Destiny” (Halter HOF / National Champion (halter) / National Grand Champion (driving)) -- Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo)

Double%202.jpg

I think this pair is due in early February... I need to check with Erica to confirm it's early in the month. She was ultra sounded in foal prior to coming to me in June... VERY excited about this baby. Will be my first Destiny foal, as well as intensely Buckeroo bred and cream dilute to boot!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF), a/k/a Destiny [/SIZE]2004 33" AMHR / AMHA smoky silver black stallion – co-owned with Erica Killion

National Champion (halter) / National Grand Champion (driving) / Halter Hall of Fame

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

Destiny%201.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Sweet as Sugar, a/k/a Sweetie[/SIZE]

2004 30.5" AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare – Bandito Daughter / BTU Granddaughter - Sibling to Many National Champions

In foal to “Destiny” (Halter HOF / National Champion (halter) / National Grand Champion (driving) -- Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo)

Sweetie%202.jpg
Oooooo. I can't wait to see that cross either, Jill
default_wub.png

Hi guys, I am kinda new here. I rescued my first two mini's this summer. Well had no idea with how malnutritioned they were that one was pregnant. While I am not new to horses these are technically my first mini's. We visit hospitals, nursing homes, schools ect.... We just got certified through the Delta society. Anyway my one girl is definatly preggers but vet is unable to tell me when. We ultrasounded her in Oct. and you could see a lot of baby but she said there was still a lot of fluid to expect it within the month, so here we sit. With it so close to Jan I am curious if I get a this year baby or a next year baby! I hate having babies in the snow!!! I am not sure how to change the size of my pictures so when I can I will put up pics of her. I have to say this forum is wonderful!

My first one is due end of Feb but she likes to foal early! Her earliest for me was 311 days....which puts her the end of Jan. This is the earliest I've ever foaled but I'm trying to get them so they're done before show season. I'm looking at radiant heaters to put up.......anyone have any experience with them and what's the best brand??

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]What do you early foalers due to make sure the foal doesn't get sick and you don't freeze to death LOL!? I've always wanted to have early foals but have always waited till May, June, July
default_smile.png
I love to sit out with the mares when I know it's time. And sit in the stall with the foals after they're born. Can't imagine doing that in January or February
default_new_shocked.gif
[/SIZE]

A little enlightenment please
default_biggrin.png

Joy

I can't WAIT for everyone's baby pics - my mare that was sold fell thru so she's staying here and due in mid to late Jan time frame - I am going to have the vet out for a check to see if he can give me a better window.

I hand bred the last week of Feb/first week of March - seemed to settle but left the 2 together for a few mths more for my stallion to have a pasture mate than breeding

Then it looks like April will be a 'busy' mth for me with another 2 on the way.

One of which is my brand new mare - YIPPIE - I am so exicted to see the baby and then even more excited to put mom to work this fall as my fingers crossed SP driving mare!!

I wish you could really see in there to watch what's going on

Here's wishing everyone a safe happy foaling season!

Well, we can't beat a January baby, but our only foal for the year is due in February. It will be our first by Incognito since we just bought recently bought him, but with his track record of siring show foals, I think we'll do just fine!

Redrock Incognito is the sire:

9-07Incognito.jpg

Jandts Cheeri Deeri is the dam:

8-06DinahCheeriDeeri.jpg

It's almost mare stare time for those of us in the states, I swear this year has flown by!!
default_new_shocked.gif

oh goodness...I wish I could have some January/February foals! Up here in North Dakota, our foals don't start coming until early/mid May. I'm thinking next year I may start breeding a little early though for a couple of April foals. I don't like it when they're so young heading into winter. For some reason we had a bunch of really tiny foals this year and I've been so nervous about keeping weight on them. They might be a bit chubby come springtime
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back