Who ever said animals don't have feelings???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
Last night, Mark and I had to go shopping. Whenever we leave the house, we have to put Teddy in a carrier because he punishes us in HORRIBLE ways if we don't (destroys the carpet amongst other things). So last night, Mark is carrying in groceries and doesn't open the carrier door right away. I come inside and open the door, and it's been a while since Teddy went out for a potty break, so I pick him up to take him over to my mom's fenced in back yard (we have a big dog that he doesn't get along with in ours and I didn't want to take the time to put his harness on so he could go into the front yard). He's always beyond hyper whenever we come home because he's glad to see us.

So I don't really stop to say hello, I just pick him up and head outside. He is wiggling all around and he nearly squirms out of my arms. I scold him, and when we go into my mom's house, he refuses to follow me to my mom's back door. So I had to pick him up and put him outside. A couple of minutes later, I let him in and he runs and jumps on my mom's lap. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with me, which isn't normal because he has followed me EVERYWHERE since I got him. I called him and he refused to come to me. Then I opened the front door like I was going to leave (he always wants me to pick him up to carry him home) and he didn't come to me. I actually left the house for more than 5 minutes and he didn't even act like it bothered him. That isn't like him at all because he usually whines at the door for me.

When I went back, he was still on my mom's lap. He kept giving me those sad puppy dog eyes but wouldn't come to me. I actually felt jealous that he was wanting to stay with my mom. Lol. As soon as I walked into my brother's bedroom and laid on his bed, Teddy couldn't help himself and came into me. (He has this thing with beds.) At first he was leery of me, but then I petted him and apologized for being mad at him and he got really happy again. When it was time to go, everything was fine and he came up to me so that I could carry him home.
default_rolleyes.gif

My mom says that he was happy to see us, and then I hurt his feelings by scolding him for it. I guess she must be right because he has never acted like that before. Animals really are smart, and Teddy must be extra sensitive.

My little 2lb yorkie tries to make me jealous by sitting on my moms lap. This is something all of my yorkies have done. So it is something she has learned through the generations. They just sit there looking at me and give sad eyes when I look at them. Bea has gotten so mad at me she would go in to my moms bed rather then come with me. I hate it when she punishes me. She is the worst. The poodle hasn't learned it yet.

Our female pomeranian (Loki) always wants to be with us -- on the bed with us or in the chair with one of us.... But when you scold her or raise your voice she goes and hides under the bed and wont come out no matter what.... I thought I left her outside once because I couldnt find her anywhere and I was calling for her for over 10 minutes inside and other 10 outside -- She finally poked her head out from under the bed long enough for me to see her and then went back under.... So she "punishes" us by hiding from us...

My 8 year old "doghter" gets totally jealous when my 14 year old niece comes over. She's a 55 pound dog and she *ALWAYS* find something of MINE to pee on when I bring Amanda home for a visit. She's also jealous of any small animals we bring home, the rats, the hermit crabs... anything that takes attention off her.

She also gets her feelings hurt if you don't give her attention when you get home. She needs to be told hello FIRST.
default_smile.png

I *know* my dog has feelings.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back