What makes a top breeder to you?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good breeder can be anyone.. They dont have to show for that to be true..

But they do need to have a good eye for what crosses produce outstanding qualities in their horses

Many small breeders out there are conserving their funds, to put everything into the health care, and maintainence of their horses.

Lets face it, to show costs considerable time and money.. Some of us just cannot afford that luxury, but we love what we do.

That does not mean that non showing people- produce sub quality horses.

I have seen some amazing horses that come from small breeders, and small breeding programs alike.

They are out there, you just have to look, and know what to look for.

You can allways bring along an experienced show person to see what they think, if you are not sure what to look for.

My last 4 foals all sold to experienced show people who love to show and win.

So there must have seen something special in this small breeders program that caught their eye.

I agree Mararet. A good breeder can be anyone. I think there is a difference in a good breeder and a good honest person. It is having the eye. I have come across some of the most dishonest blankety blankety breeders, but man some of them could breed horses. They seem to have a second sense. But some were crooks and you never knew if the pedigrees were right.

An honorable reputable breeder, with the eye. Wish I could be that person.

For me a good breeding farm(little or big, experienced or beginners) begins to let examined your stallion and mare to a vet. ,if the horse have no faults in there legs,hooves ,bit or testicles. In Belgium you need a passport otherwise it is not possible to do anything with your horse. You can have only a passport of a foal, if you breed with a licensed stallion.To get a stallion licensed ,you must let examined your stallion to a vet . If the vet. find something in there legs ,bit,hooves or testicles you don't get your licensed for that stallion ,so you can not breed with him ,no matter if you are a champion or not ,its only important that you breed with horses that have no faults .

My last 4 foals all sold to experienced show people who love to show and win. So there must have seen something special in this small breeders program that caught their eye.

I think that is the point of most on this thread if you yourself do not show for whatever reason.. the fact someone who does is buying your horses and showing them and they are doing well.. says you have your horses out there showing
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back